Photo

OOT bag delima

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 jmill130

jmill130
  • 601 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 09:24 PM

I think you could go with the $ Tree bags, both bags are cute. We spent $5.50 a bag on ours at Old Navy (they were 15.00, but were on sale). They were perfect for us, they went with our wedding colors and were a good quality. However, I had to drive to 5 Old Navys to get them all and they are big, so now I am having to think of things that will fill them up. I already took 20 of them to Dreams on our site visit, so they are what we have! Hence, I would go with a smaller bag and put good stuff inside:) Good luck to you!

#12 KLC77

KLC77
    • 2,207 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 11:09 PM

I like both bags, but agree that the smaller bag with good stuff inside might be the way to go. I love the palm trees anyway! I might go hunt for them tomorrow to use them myself.
      ~Kelly

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#13 ~Jamie~

~Jamie~
      • 39 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 09:19 AM

We are leaving the bags in their hotel rooms.. For inexpensive fillers, we are throwing in some fruit and granola bars, and bottled waters.

#14 Yvette

Yvette
        • 510 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 09:35 AM

i got the same bags from the dollar store and filled them with gifts for my wedding helpers. i personally would go with the cheaper bags, but that is my opinion. i'm sure your guests will be happy with what ever you give them.

#15 tvt

tvt
          • VIP Member
          • 4,812 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 10:04 AM

I talked with my mom about this last night and she was like "you're over thinking it!!! Most weddings don't even give presents, so people are going to be blown away that you are giving them something in the first place"

She also said that it's definitely more about the thought and the welcome letter than it is the gift itself.

#16 caroline

caroline
            • 697 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 10:12 AM

I actually purchased one of the Wal-mart bags myself (while deliberating) and have seen the actual $ you've purchased. For me, I would prefer the quality of the first (obviously) and it is also bigger in size (for towel, book, etc.) But that's just me.

In actual fact, I have since decided against either of them and just ordered some David & Goliath "It's all about me!" bags for my BP!

Not much help, sorry!

#17 Celina

Celina
              • Banned
              • 2,811 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 10:35 AM

YEP - I second, third, fifth, whatever - the dollar store bag!

They are cute and you can spend your money on something else! I do the same thing as you in regards to second guessing. On this one - go with the cheaper bag!
                "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#18 Marnie&Peter

Marnie&Peter
                • 302 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 10:01 PM

yep dollar store bag...bring those walmart bags back..they always take everything back- and where i live you dont necessarily need a rec. to go with it.....

#19 heather007

heather007
                  • 620 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 11:53 PM

Less expensive bags, more filler!!!! My bags are from Dollarama. but I'm using the money that I saved to add awesome fillers.

~~

#20 michelle08

michelle08
                    • VIP Member
                    • 2,702 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 12:00 AM

If you can take the others back to walmart then go with the dollar tree ones...save ome money

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users