Sign in to follow this  
Ericka7885

Who should give me away?

I walked down w/ my mom! I let her decide because although I knew she would be honored to do it...I didn't want it to take away from her seeing me walk down the aisle. For some reason I thought was important but looking back she was w/ me all during getting ready and everything and walking me down the aisle was the best choice! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinB View Post
I love the idea of your mom walking you down the aisle. She could even answer , when asked "who gives this woman to be married..." "Her father and I do."

Ok, I'm already crying! Good luck!
Yep, you've got me tearing up too.

I think that if you're close to your Mom then that's a great idea! I think she'll be honoured & excited to do this for/with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie View Post
I finally decided to walk alone half way and then my husband came and got me to walk me the rest of the way. It was beautiful and I am so glad I did it this way.
I love this!!! I also was struggling with this, thought about FIL, but since my FH has been there since the day my father was diagnosed with cancer I think this would be just perfect. Thank you for posting this!

I've thought about this 2. My dad lives on the other side of the world and so isn't going and my mum died 8 years ago. I thought I'll walk down on my own no great shakes then FI said that his mother's new hubby would probably want to do it!!

After I stopped the smoke coming out of my ears and nose !! I've asked one of my really good friend's husbands to do it - he's got 2 sons so is happy to do it.

If I had a choice I would walk myself but this seemed the lesser of 2 evils

what a difficult decision you have! I like the idea of walking halfway and having your fiance come and get you for the other half! So nice! I don't know what I'm going to do. I'll be either walking down myself, having my 6 year old son (he will be 8 by the wedding) walk me down, or my mom will (or maybe my mom and my son?! hmm...). Anyway, either way you do it, your father will be there with you!

I lost my father when I was little, so I asked my mom to walk me down the asile and she was very happy that I asked her. She was both my parents for me growing up and I could not imagine asking anyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsFisher2B View Post
I'll be either walking down myself, having my 6 year old son (he will be 8 by the wedding) walk me down, or my mom will (or maybe my mom and my son?! hmm...).
I love that idea of your son doing it. What a great way to make him feel like he had a major part in the day!

I think I will go with my mom. I really like the idea of her saying, her father and I do when asked who will give me away. I know he will be there in spirit, but it's still really hard. I found a beautiful poem on another post that I am trying to incorporate into the ceremony somehow.