Photo

Something you wish you would have packed?

• Please log in to reply
354 replies to this topic

#141 teshy1

teshy1
  • 162 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 12:32 AM

Things I'm glad I brought: Vaseline (great to prevent blisters between your toes from
    (your flip-flops or soothe existing blisters)
    Lots of cover-ups to go over bikinis
    Keens
    SPF 70 (I burn REALLY easily)

Things I wish I'd brought: A warmer sweater to wear in the evenings (it's a bit chilly
    by the ocean when it's windy out)
    Aloe gel
    Earplugs (loud neighbours!)

Overall, I think I planned my packing quite well. This thread helped me a lot!!

#142 mrs.timpone

mrs.timpone
    • 312 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 09:12 AM

so glad i found this thread! much needed info i wouldve never thought of!

#143 emilyk78

emilyk78
      • 220 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 04:33 PM

Great thread, ladies!!
        ~*~*~Emily & Chuck~*~*~ January 10, 2011~*~*~ Carnival Inspiration~*~*~

#144 luciel2820

luciel2820
        • 474 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 04:50 PM

My packing list is extremely long with everything I just added from this thread, thanks girls :)

#145 SusieQ

SusieQ
          • 1,603 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 06:07 PM

Totally agree with the sewing kit, There came a knock on my room door it was the gentleman driving me to the wedding site, right on time 5 minutes before the ceremony begins. I bend over to slip on my sandel and the little tack the seamstress did in the front of my dress to hold the girls in snapped. (Sounded like a gunshot)
            There they were and I am in total panic mode... I don't any safety pins or a needle and thread... Thank the blessed lord the resort had a kit and the bloody things were pre threaded, because I was shaking like a leaf and about to loose my cookies. My girlfriend sewed me in my dress as the poor driver poured us champagne and he reminded me not to cry!!!!

PACK A SEWING KIT!!!!!

#146 A la Playa

A la Playa
            • 45 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 05:23 PM

I may be competely Type A, but I always pack my packing list so that I can go back over it before I leave the resort and ensure that I haven't forgotten anything important, i.e. my camera or my important documents I might have hidden in a drawer somewhere. :)

#147 luciel2820

luciel2820
              • 474 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 09:56 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by ashscho
                I may be competely Type A, but I always pack my packing list so that I can go back over it before I leave the resort and ensure that I haven't forgotten anything important, i.e. my camera or my important documents I might have hidden in a drawer somewhere. :)
                I thought I was the only one who did this. Anytime I go away, even for a weekend I take my list, just to make sure I don't leave anything behind. :)

#148 A la Playa

A la Playa
                • 45 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 10:15 PM

You're not alone, Luciel! These are the details that keep me awake at night! Lol

#149 MichelleS

MichelleS
                  • 189 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 11:42 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by shannonlrp
                    Chalk works well to cover spots on a white dress! Its a great think to throw in, in case you get lipstick or something on the dress
                    Great idea,when we get ready to go I will be packing chalk!!!!

#150 luv2sun

luv2sun
                    • 54 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 05:31 PM

I saw one bride that took a picture of all her clothes/items she packed just in case your suitcase gets lost, easy to remember what you have to claim if (God forbid) this ever happened to you. I thought it was a good tip for anytime you travel.

I think my favorite things that I always bring is my blow up float. I have one of those round ones that folds down into a disc and you just blow up the outer edge - genius! Throw it on top of your clothes when you're packed, weighs barely anything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users