Booked Photographer...Our Very Own..Jean Marcus!

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 IslandLover

• 96 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 12:29 AM

Here is the Post from Island Forum:

Well gals,

It is now official

...Jean Marcus Strole will be my photographer for May 9th 2009...so dont even think about booking him that weekend...he is MINE!!..hehe

After VERY MUCH research, looking at tons of photographers, not only here the on the forum, but also local photographers in St. Thomas,
    ....he is the best fit for us

Im so freekin excited!!!

Fist off, Im a HUGE photograpy person...I really think that this is one of the most important parts of the wedding...Pics last forever..sure you have a video..but who ever watches those., umm not even your family sadly but maybe once..pics you place all over the house and in your families houses...so this was a huge deal to me

I have 4 Bellet's and I just bought my first Rembrant!! ... umm...photograpy is art...and I love it!

Second, nothing is better than photojournalism...I have a photography background...WAAAYYY back in HS, but still love and respect the art, so I may not know where my reception is at yet, but I have my awesome photographer...and that is a HUGE weight off my shoulders.

Ill be honest, since Ive been on here, looking at all the websites, I was drawn to Jean Marcus over and over, but never emailed him until I realized that I really wanted him as my photographer...I had to get over the idea that I would have to fly someone out...but honestly it really saved me money in the long run, if you compair prices and packages, with like 2 hours of photos verses 3 days full of pics...seriously it is the way to go..

......finally, I just said to my FI, listen this is who I want, I photog is to me, and he told me to book it, but when he finally looked at all the photogs I considered, he also felt like we had to have him.

AHHHH...so it is official, and Im so excited!!

Rock on...

#2 Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 4,513 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 01:19 AM

Congrats! One huge thing you can cross off your list! And I know your pics will turn out fab w/ jean marcus!

#3 jean-marcus

• 1,565 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 01:26 AM

hahahaha... i don't think ive ever had someone as excited to have me as their photographer... can't even tell you how nice that is to hear. i better not dissapoint

#4 Yari

• VIP Member
        • 10,928 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 01:28 AM

Congrats! One more thing to check off your list.

#5 CJEB

• 182 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 08:06 AM

#6 ACDCDCAC

• Moderators
            • 25,218 posts
            • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
            • LocationSeattle

Posted 03 June 2008 - 08:35 AM

that's great, he is a fun guy, watch out he likes to table dance and chat with ducks on the wall.

#7 Copita

• 979 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 08:42 AM

Congrats! Jean-Marcus' pictures look lovely! But he did say in that one review that he only comes for the cake so you better have a big piece waiting for him! LOL :) just messin! It will be awesome :) :) :)

#8 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
              • 2,183 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 09:02 AM

That's wonderful! He's got a great personality, you'll love your pictures!

#9 alex

• 1,139 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 09:15 AM

Congrats on booking JM!! His pictures are beautiful & his personality is wonderful so you'll have gorgeous pics AND a great time with him being there!!

#10 Jenn3878

• 5,681 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 10:01 AM

Congrats! One less thing on the to do list :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users