Photo

Plus Size Brides - TTD Question

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Dez921714

Dez921714
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 12:23 PM

Ok, so I know this is probably going to sound like an odd question, or at least an odd concern for someone to have but....

FI has agreed to do a TTD, I think I've found a photog to use. My concern is that we are both "Plus Size". I know it's not usually an issue for guys, but I'm concerned with how I'll look, wet, in a dress.

Any advice (other than "lose weight" lol) or opinions? Any plus sized brides who have done TTD and would like to share their pics?

TIA!!!
    http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#2 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
    • Moderators
    • 25,218 posts
    • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
    • LocationSeattle

Posted 21 May 2008 - 12:46 PM

you know what i worried about that for about 2 seconds, and then i thought that if i do a TTD, when i look at the pictures i will be thinking of how fun and romantic it was, and not about how fat i think i look. same with BD pics. so just have fun and go for it and the fun you're having and the love you guys share will shine thru and make the pics turn out beautifully :)

#3 adias.angel

adias.angel
    • 719 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 02:19 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by DougsGirl
      you know what i worried about that for about 2 seconds, and then i thought that if i do a TTD, when i look at the pictures i will be thinking of how fun and romantic it was, and not about how fat i think i look. same with BD pics. so just have fun and go for it and the fun you're having and the love you guys share will shine thru and make the pics turn out beautifully :)
      100% agreed! It be an amazing memory and if you end up not liking the pictures the only ones who have to see them are you two. Carla

#4 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
      • 5,681 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 02:23 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by DougsGirl
        Well put!! Do what makes you happy!!

#5 Dez921714

Dez921714
        • 1,489 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 02:25 PM

Hehe, you all made me smile.

We are going to do it.....even though it is still a concern :)
          http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#6 *tinkertoy*

*tinkertoy*
          • 271 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 01:10 PM

I'm wondering where you plus sized ladies found your TTD? I don't want to use my real wedding dress and many of the stores on ebay are teeney sizes.

:(

#7 11-11-11Bride

11-11-11Bride
            • Banned
            • 140 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 10:49 AM

any of you have concerns that the dress will be see-through during your trash the dress?!?! I don't want my 'spanks' to show :)

#8 11-11-11Bride

11-11-11Bride
              • Banned
              • 140 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 07:21 PM

Are any of you consideringn something other than running in the ocean/sand for your TTD?

#9 Karen&Rene

Karen&Rene
                • 190 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 10:27 PM

This may not involve literally trashing the dress, but some of the best TTD photos I've seen have been taken in the heart of cities, on the local public transportation, etc.  I think photos of a bride and groom in an out of place location looks really cool...

Originally Posted by 11-11-11Bride 

Are any of you consideringn something other than running in the ocean/sand for your TTD?

#10 11-11-11Bride

11-11-11Bride
                  • Banned
                  • 140 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 11:55 AM

Thats a great suggestion! Our resort is right outside a small fishing town. I can totally see some great shops around the harbor and maybe on a couple boats :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users