Changing for Reception

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 BayBug

• 852 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 09:20 PM

I am not sure if this is already a thread, but I really need to know if any of you ladies had two dresses on your wedding day. I am really debating on whether or not I should change after the ceremony. The time of year that I cam getting married is really hot and humid and I can't imagine being in my dress all day.
    Did any of you ladies have this problem?

#2 LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 09:22 PM

I totally see the practicality of it (June in Mexico will be HOT!) - but knowing myself, I think I am going to want to stay in my wedding dress all night! I probably won't change, primarily for that reason.

#3 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
      • 1,430 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 09:51 PM

me either! I will be in my dress all night long! I know natasha changed into a dress for a tango dance she did with her husband but it looked like she put her wedding dress back on! (I think)

#4 amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 3,754 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 10:12 PM

I'm staying in mine no matter what! But I'm thinking of having the gm change from suits to guayaberas (shirts) and flip flops for the reception.

#5 EDYTA

• 1,277 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 11:28 PM

i definately want to stay in my dress for as long as i possibly can After spending all that money on it i totally want to get its worth out of it so i am also wearing it to my reception in toronto

#6 Christine

• VIP Member
            • 21,514 posts
            • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
            • Wedding Location:Napa, California
            • LocationReno, NV

Posted 30 January 2007 - 11:34 PM

I agree I wouldn't change for the world, this is the only time you get to wear it (well I might possibly wear it around the house once in a while after the wedding-but that's just me-I know I will wear my veil around) so why not just get hot and sweaty but look beautiful doing so!!!
            Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#7 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
            • VIP Member
            • 4,116 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 11:50 PM

I got married in Texas in the summer...pretty hot and humid also - maybe not quite as much as Mexico, but still enough that it mattered. We had our reception at an old victorian home using the house, patio and garden areas for the reception - so I was only indoors maybe half of the time.

That being said, I totally kept my dress on the entire time! I think once you're wearing it you just feel so excited and "bride-y" that you don't ever want to take it off! I even kept it on back at our hotel, super late at night while we were eating some fast food we'd bought! (we were starving!! Too much talking at the reception to eat) There's nothing like drinking champagne and eating some Taco Bell in your wedding dress! It's acutally one of my favorite memories.

#8 NATASHA

• 646 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 12:32 AM

I struggled with this as well. I had to change because my DH and I are tango dancers and you can't do an argentine tango in a wedding dress!

So, I changed into this dress for our dance and then I changed back so that I could do my daddy daughter dance in my wedding dress. I didn't want my pictures with my dad to be in this:

Click the image to open in full size.

That being said, if you're getting married in Costa Rica, it is HUMID in Manuel Antonio. I was SO hot dancing at night in my wedding dress and it cooled off significantly in Cabo. If you will have more fun changing later in the evening so you can dance (maybe after you cut the cake), I say go for it. It was a relief putting this dress on - even if it was only for a bit.
                Shawn and NatashaHappily MarriedNovember 11, 2006

#9 -Kate-

• VIP Member
                • 7,676 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 12:35 AM

Natasha - Do you have the world's tiniest waist?!?! I thought it looked small in your wedding dress - but in the tango dress!!!! My lord - do you ever eat?? I'm so jealous. You look amazing.

And I'll be wearing the dress all day, all night, maybe the next day too!

#10 EDYTA

• 1,277 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 12:38 AM

what a great pic natasha...hmm di u post those with the rest of ur wedding photos? i must have missed them

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users