what to do for vegetarian for wedding??

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 cessyboston

cessyboston
  • VIP Member
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 09:20 PM

i sent out my invitations and recieved a message saying they are a vegetarian does dreams have something special or should i ask
    Married oct 10th 2008 ~ proud parents to Miss Sophia Emma feb 2, 2010

#2 happygilmore

happygilmore
    • 576 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 09:26 PM

I am getting married at the Dreams Punta Cana and I am a vegetarian and they said they could accommodate vegetarians, I would just give them a heads up and maybe ask them what the options are so your family/friend member can choose. Hope that helps

#3 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 20 May 2008 - 09:26 PM

they will do a pasta dish or some vegetables...my guests had a larger order of the cheese/spinach ravioli...

they said it was really good.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#4 Yari

Yari
      • VIP Member
      • 10,928 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 09:27 PM

I would definitely inform Dreams ahead of time. I am sure it will not be a problem.

#5 cessyboston

cessyboston
        • VIP Member
        • 2,096 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 09:33 PM

thanks girls...............
          Married oct 10th 2008 ~ proud parents to Miss Sophia Emma feb 2, 2010

#6 JessicaM

JessicaM
          • Vendor
          • 1,969 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 12:09 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Tammy Host
            they will do a pasta dish or some vegetables...my guests had a larger order of the cheese/spinach ravioli...

they said it was really good.
            I am having this as an option for those people...it was good we had it while we were down on our site visit. They didn't have a problem offering that with the other options we had too.

#7 ChristinaH

ChristinaH
            • 178 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 02:13 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by cessyboston
              i sent out my invitations and recieved a message saying they are a vegetarian does dreams have something special or should i ask
              They definitely should do something to accomodate your guest and probably will without any recourse. I am a vegetarian and having my wedding at Las Caletas and they're providing a veggie lasagne in addition to the other choices for dinner.

I also do a lot of meeting/event planning for my job and it's never been an issue at hotels or restaurants. Typically ends up being a pasta dish. You'll most likely have to point out your guest or have something differentiate to notify the staff as to who gets the special dinner.

#8 Amy&Andy

Amy&Andy
              • VIP Member
              • 3,405 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 02:17 PM

My FMIL is vegan, and I recently (last few months) have "converted" to eating vegan, and we are requesting special plates for both of us. They are more than accomodating. Most of the food down there can be vegetarian or vegan very easily so it should be no biggie :)

#9 SAM

SAM
                • 542 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 06:17 PM

Let your caterer know that you have a few vegetarians. They should be prepared and have something; pasta, eggplant, stuffed portobella mushrooms, etc.

#10 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 12,151 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 06:25 PM

dreams cancun said they would accommodate the vegetarians and food allergies of people in my group. not sure whether that means without additional cost though. it would be nice to know what they offered.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users