Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

• Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#1611 Michelle&Steve

Michelle&Steve
  • 208 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 04:47 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by PaulaV
    I exchanged the flowers at the gazebo table (since we didn't have one) and the head table for some of the table centerpieces.

The petals were fake I got from Petalgarden.com. Wanted to line the walkway, but it was way too windy there. Petalgarden has a wide variety of colours and fast delivery.
    do the silk rose petals look natural?
    "Woohoo!! Time to get married!

www.steveandmich.com

86 booked so far!!!http://tickers.Ticke....9414/event.png

#1612 PaulaV

PaulaV
    • VIP Member
    • 2,813 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 08:28 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Michelle&Steve
      do the silk rose petals look natural?
      I liked them. If you go to their website you can order samples which is what I did to compare those to the freeze dried and to match colour since my colour was a deep orange/red.

#1613 Dbell

Dbell
      • 455 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 11:41 AM

Hi Kat, we got to Cancun on Wednesday, met with the coordinator on Thursday and everything was set up and ordered for Saturday. They have everything under control, so no worries, even the restaurant will serve whatever you choose!

#1614 Kat81

Kat81
        • VIP Member
        • 7,615 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 11:50 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Dbell
          Hi Kat, we got to Cancun on Wednesday, met with the coordinator on Thursday and everything was set up and ordered for Saturday. They have everything under control, so no worries, even the restaurant will serve whatever you choose!
          yay! So glad everything was great for you! Did I miss your pictures?

#1615 cancunbride

cancunbride
          • 531 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 01:56 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by PaulaV
            I exchanged the flowers at the gazebo table (since we didn't have one) and the head table for some of the table centerpieces.

The petals were fake I got from Petalgarden.com. Wanted to line the walkway, but it was way too windy there. Petalgarden has a wide variety of colours and fast delivery.

Paula does Dreams allow you to run petals down the isle before the procession, I would want tons of them on there.

#1616 PaulaV

PaulaV
            • VIP Member
            • 2,813 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 02:36 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by cancunbride
              Paula does Dreams allow you to run petals down the isle before the procession, I would want tons of them on there.
              Do you mean like a flower girl dropping petals down the aisle before you?
              Yes.

Mine were to line the aisle way but I was told they would blow away, and she was right. They would not have stayed put.
              If it just during the procession I think it would be nice.

I made a flower ball for my flower girl. I figured she wight have to have her hand held going down the aisle by her brother.

#1617 SIMBASIM

SIMBASIM
              • 466 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 03:35 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by mummergirl
                i am currently freaking out because our travel agent now says she cannot get more than 8 (EIGHT!!!) of the regular deluxe (i.e. cheapest) rooms at Dreams for our guests during our wedding week. our wedding isn't until may 28th of next year, and already everything is sold out!?! wtf? our guests can't exactly afford all sorts of upgrades just to be able to get a room! (and we are pissed off because we offered to put deposits down a few months ago in order to hold rooms and our TA said it wasn't necessary!)

and don't get me started on airfare, which is currently almost $1000 PER PERSON from Philadelphia!!! Oh of course we could just have connecting flights to bring the price down, but the nonstop flight was one of the main reasons we chose cancun mexico to begin with! or we could fly from newark, nj or nyc and it's cheaper but our guests would have to travel 1 1/2 - 2 hours just to get to the airport (which is the reason we didn't chose tulum or even jamaica ... wanted to avoid long land transportation)! wtf? we are just screwed, and no one is going to be able to come to our wedding!

*remind self to just breathe*
                /rant
                HOLY CRAP! I cannot believe they are booking up already! I have nicely warned my guests that I will not pay for day passes so they better book early.

#1618 SIMBASIM

SIMBASIM
                • 466 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 03:37 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by cancunbride
                  Hi everyone, so I emailed Claudia today about my centerpieces and she quoted me $200.00 per piece....is she crazy? my Gosh, I almost fell off my chair when I read that...I know I read somewhere the name of a flower shop in cancun that can possibly cater to dreams? Would it be possible to have someone make my centerpieces like a flower shop and bring them in? Or does anyone have the telephone number to that shop? $200- is seriously way outta my budget.. Here is a pic of my centerpieces
                  Click the image to open in full size.
                  I am buying silk flowers and bringing my own vases and putting them togther the day before. No way an I going to pay the ridiculous price she quoted me!! BTW, your centerpieces are beautiful! Nice choice.

#1619 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
                  • 2,262 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 12:51 PM

I have no idea why this just suddenly became an issue but ?? lol

We're booked in a tower room and i'm wondering whether its worth the $$ to upgrade ?? Not looked at how much it is so that might kill the idea before it starts lol

What does everyone think? We are going for 2 weeks so I think it'll cost a bomb

Forget it i just got a price to upgrade and there is NOOOOOOOO way i'm paying it

#1620 BunnyBear

BunnyBear
                    • 17 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 10:53 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Hartyt509
                      I have no idea why this just suddenly became an issue but ?? lol

We're booked in a tower room and i'm wondering whether its worth the $$ to upgrade ?? Not looked at how much it is so that might kill the idea before it starts lol

What does everyone think? We are going for 2 weeks so I think it'll cost a bomb

Forget it i just got a price to upgrade and there is NOOOOOOOO way i'm paying it
                      Is that a tower club jacuzzi jr suite you're upgrading to? I've been trying to decide that myself. I was thinking of doing it for just the couple nights immediately before and after the wedding... the prices just keep adding up!
                      Kerry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users