Back to square one!

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 enabella

• 34 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 05:20 PM

400$ thats nuts, i hope you get everything sorted but dont worry things happen for odd strange reasons. ill keep my fingers crossed for you.

#12 saraece

• 289 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 08:11 PM

They are honouring the price for all thoses who can put a deposit ($200) in by May 31st. Boy do I have a ton of calls to make. But yeah!

Like our first kiss all over again

#13 alex

• 1,139 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 08:30 PM

That's BS!!!!! You're incredibly calm! lol sorry not trying to get you worked up!
        I really hope that your TA can figure something out for you so you get the same price & they don't do this to you again! Keep us updated please! Just saw your post about them honouring the deposits.. that's great news!

#14 JulieG

• VIP Member
        • 8,323 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by saraece
          They are honouring the price for all thoses who can put a deposit ($200) in by May 31st. Boy do I have a ton of calls to make. But yeah!

That is great that they are honouring the price, but really it should not have a stipulation like a book by date, its their fault not yours. I hope it does not effect to many people. I am glad its working out for you.

#15 LadyCheese

• 1,830 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 09:12 PM

wow, thats insane...I hope your TA can get a better deal. best of luck

#16 Yari

• VIP Member
            • 10,928 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 12:45 AM

I am happy to hear that they are honoring your deal!

#17 Jen_S

• 3,737 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 03:10 AM

That is a big increase sorry to hear it. It will all work out!
                Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#18 EricaG

• 1,915 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 04:25 AM

Hopefully everyone will be able to get their deposits in so they can still have the initial price quoted. That sucks that they changed the date and the price, but at least they are giving everyone a chance to keep the price.

Another thing, is SunQuest an actual airline? I thought it was a travel company that partners with WestJet, AirTransat, Sky Service airlines and one other one from down east. I could be wrong. I know when we were booking our trip, we were given the option for a different date then we are going and it was cheaper with the possibility of my FI and I going free, but that flight was only in the planning stage and was cancelled before we had a chance to book! Maybe that is sort of what happened to your trip. We were also told that dates would not be 100% for sure until the end of May, but our carrier has used the same days to fly to the DR for the last several years, so we aren't too worried!
                  **Knock on wood**
                  My wedding review of the Grand Palladium Palace, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Our Professional Wedding and TTD Pictures by Photo Souvenirhttp:...

#19 FYB87

• 976 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 08:47 AM

That's great to hear. Glad everything worked out for you. I know that is a relief.

#20 DanielleNDerek

• VIP Member
                    • 18,452 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 08:52 AM

That's good news. I guess i know what you'll be doing this weekend, making phone calls. i had to make a bunch of calls around xmas time for the same reason, we had a fast deadline that people had to put deposits down. $200 is not that bad and at least you can get a head count early. It actually helped me figure things out like oot bags and favors early.
                      ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                      Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                      Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users