I just got back from my Mexican wedding
I have nothing but amazing things to say. I hope you find my review helpful:
- We were engaged on July 4, 2013. We always knew that we wanted a smaller wedding, so a destination seemed ideal. Three years ago we traveled to the Gran Bahia Coba resort, so decided it would be good to host our wedding there since we were already familiar with it.
- Since I am still in school (grad student working on doctorate), our wedding dates were limited to either August or December (when I have a break from classes). We decided on august 4, and booked our trip in early September. Prior to booking, I confirmed the date, time, and location of ceremony for availability. We wanted to get married at the Tulum gazebo.
- All I can say is that the planning was really easy and stress free. I bought my dress, veil, and shoes online..... I also paid for my bridesmaids dresses and shoes since they were flying down to Mexico. I designed the wedding invitations, and made all of our decorations.
- The biggest thing I can recommend is to stay organized. I knew how I wanted my decorations set up, so i made a book with pictures that I took of the setup for the wedding coordinator. They host like 10 weddings a day, so its important to be clear and organized.
-Upon arriving, we did not have a letter in our room from the wedding coordinator (which on this thread I had read that other girls had that), so the following day after check in I asked the front desk. They directed me to a wedding coordinator and we set up a meeting.
- The meeting was super easy and fast. My new coordinator upon arrival was Fanny, and she was amazing!! She had all of the emails I had sent to Jazmin, and we basically just read through the contract to clarify everything. During the meeting I also provided her with my decorations (that were separated into plastic bags and labeled as "ceremony", "dinner", or "reception").... and I provided photos for the table decorations for the dinner portion. I had everything in a carry on size suitcase that I let them keep until after the wedding.
- The wedding was perfect... flowers, ceremony, dinner, reception --- no complaints. However, I was very organized, so this made it easy for the wedding coordinators. We also brought down our own music for the DJ.
- Our wedding was a legal ceremony, and we had 40 guests. There was a total of 5 tables at the dinner part. I had everyone pre-seated prior to the wedding, and had my bridesmaids pass out the wedding favors ---- luggge tags with attached table card seating on it so everyone knew which table to sit at. I also made my own table numbers.
Any questions --- just let me know!