I've been meaning to post my experiences for a while, you might want to consider to alert your guests to be prepared for potential problems. Mine hid them from me during hte wedding to not spoil the event, but over the last couple years I have finally heard the stories..
I had my wedding here. My husband and I had been twice before and had a great time. About 30 family members and friend came including children. Overall the experience was nice having the wedding taken care of for us for extremely reasonable prices (well at least fair considering we brought 30 guests to the resort.) Since we had been there before, we were confident we'd have the wedding in the "scene" we wanted, on a sand beach with the water in the background. Many other Mexican weddings use gazebos.
However we had multiple problems with the resort:
1. You can only make reservations via a travel agent. My aunt had messed up her reservation and made it starting one night early and ending one night early (checkout on Sunday rather than Monday). She realized this after she arrived and tried to correct the problem with the front desk. Unfortunatey though their travel agent rate is $200 for two adults, their walk up rate is $500 per person and that's what they tried to collect from her to stay the extra night (and the same from her three children) even though they were leaving at 4 am the next day. The travel agent was no where to be found (because it was a Sunday). So they just quietly slept in another room, not taking advantage of any of the all-inclusive things. The resort went door to door pounding on all my guests rooms looking for them, and since this was my wedding night, they were even going to come to our bridal room until one of my guests stopped them. I of course didn't even know what was going on. I found out later when they got up to leave at 4 am, the resort had slashed a tire on her rental car to prevent her from leaving. She quickly changed the tire and left.
2. Once you make the reservation via the travel agent, it is unchangable. One of my guests was going to come one night and she wanted to share a room with another guest who had already booked for multiple nights. But the agent was unwilling to make the change and she also ended up having to pay teh "walk up" rate for one night. Additionally the resort forced that guest to pay for her night in cash from the ATM. The ATM ripped her off for a $50 (USD!) transaction fee that she was unable to recover from the bank. They told her they would not take a credit card - even though we charged many of our wedding transactions with the card.
3. We hired a mariachi band for 45 minutes. They played for EXACTLY 45 minutes, cutting off in the middle of a song and walking away as the last second ran out. It was still worth every penny to have a mariachi band at the wedding.
4. The alcohol was watered down to nothing. I only comment because we had been here twice before and not had the same experience so this was clearly a change.
5. We asked if my cousin could translate the wedding from Spanish rather than the hotel wedding coordinator. We were told we could not alter the ceremony in any way. We learned later from our fluent Spanish speaking cousin that this was because the ceremoy the wedding coordinator "translated" was entirely different than what the judge officiating the wedding actually said.