Photo

Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
8083 replies to this topic

#3381 waybuloo

waybuloo
  • 306 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 01:03 AM

In case I don't come on the internet between now & Saturday I wanted to wish one of my favourite BDW friends Patricia a safe journey on Saturday, a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY for Monday &, eeeeekkk so exciting.........all the luck & best wishes in the world for your special day on the 27th!!

Will be thinking of you & can't wait to see all your pics xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

#3382 Patourn

Patourn
    • 377 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by waybuloo 

In case I don't come on the Internet between now & Saturday I wanted to wish one of my favourite BDW friends Patricia a safe journey on Saturday, a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY for Monday &, eeeeekkk so exciting.........all the luck & best wishes in the world for your special day on the 27th!!

Will be thinking of you & can't wait to see all your pics xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Awwwwwwh Lisa!! Thanks so much my friend! I can't believe how fast this last month has gone by! I also can't believe that we leave on Saturday!! Picking up my dress tomorrow!!

And yes am I not crazy...having a birthday 2 days before my wedding?!?  
      Thanks so much for your well wishes and I will for sure be in touch with all sorts of tips and such when we get back!!

XO

#3383 kitchenwitch

kitchenwitch
      • 49 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 09:41 AM

Patty,

You must be so excited!  I wish it was Sunday already!  Teh forecast for next week doesn't look to great,but I'm

keeping optimistic!  Hope to see you on your big day!

#3384 nhedderson

nhedderson
        • Site Supporter
        • 17 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 11:30 AM

For all of you getting married in the next week or two! GOOD LUCK! I hope all of your dreams come true!

We can't wait to read your reviews!! please post a link on this thread so we can receive it right away!!

Thanks!

Natalie

#3385 Patourn

Patourn
          • 377 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 06:29 PM

Thanks my friend!!! I've been running around like a crazy person making sure that I have everything!!! The weather tends to differ every site you go to so I'm trying to ignore it at least until I get there! Come by if you can Wednesday  at 3 and if I don't see you for whatever reason I hope you have an amazing day and trip!!!

For everyone else I'll be sure to write as soon as we get back! Thanks for all the well wishes and support the last few months!! 

Originally Posted by kitchenwitch 

Patty,

You must be so excited!  I wish it was Sunday already!  Teh forecast for next week doesn't look to great,but I'm

keeping optimistic!  Hope to see you on your big day!

#3386 abbie32

abbie32
            • 89 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 08:07 AM

Thao - Thanks for sending me the catalogue of flowers.

Nikki&Owen - I'm having the private poolside dinner and reception too. It took us a while to make a decision because it wasn't really in our budget. We were just going to have the dinner at an a la carte restaurant and have the private reception but we're only going to do this once so why not!! haha  We won't lose anyone in transit from the restaurant to the reception and it will be nice to do our speeches and have music playing during the dinner. I like the idea of having it all in one place and Eugenia said they can decorate it nicely. I can't wait!!!  You mentioned that you hired DJ Bob. Do you have contact information for him? His prices are great. My fiancee doesn't want to get anyone off the resort in case something goes wrong but noone has seemed to have any problems with an outside DJ.

Christina18 & Canadian Kim......you must be SO EXCITED!! I hope you have the wedding of your dreams and I can't wait to see pictures!  I can't even imagine how excited and giddy I will feel once my big day is close. Have a great trip and best wishes for a wonderful wedding! :-)

For those of you who have had a poolside reception, did you have japanese lanterns?  I was hoping to get these in my wedding colors. Eugenia said she could put them up for me but I'm not sure how many I would need and how they would actually put them up. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Did anyone order the groom's suit from Studio Suits? If yes, were you happy with how it fit and looked and how long did it take to come in?

Sorry for all the questions but I don't get on here as often as I would like. haha

#3387 thaodao

thaodao
              • 32 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 09:51 AM

Thao - Thanks for sending me the catalogue of flowers.

Nikki&Owen - I'm having the private poolside dinner and reception too. It took us a while to make a decision because it wasn't really in our budget. We were just going to have the dinner at an a la carte restaurant and have the private reception but we're only going to do this once so why not!! haha  We won't lose anyone in transit from the restaurant to the reception and it will be nice to do our speeches and have music playing during the dinner. I like the idea of having it all in one place and Eugenia said they can decorate it nicely. I can't wait!!!  You mentioned that you hired DJ Bob. Do you have contact information for him? His prices are great. My fiancee doesn't want to get anyone off the resort in case something goes wrong but noone has seemed to have any problems with an outside DJ.

Christina18 & Canadian Kim......you must be SO EXCITED!! I hope you have the wedding of your dreams and I can't wait to see pictures!  I can't even imagine how excited and giddy I will feel once my big day is close. Have a great trip and best wishes for a wonderful wedding! :-)

For those of you who have had a poolside reception, did you have japanese lanterns?  I was hoping to get these in my wedding colors. Eugenia said she could put them up for me but I'm not sure how many I would need and how they would actually put them up. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Did anyone order the groom's suit from Studio Suits? If yes, were you happy with how it fit and looked and how long did it take to come in?

Sorry for all the questions but I don't get on here as often as I would like. haha

Hi Abbie!

I'll try and answer as many questions as I can...

1.  DJ Bob's email is boradem@aim.com.  We are using him as well and he comes highly recommended! 

2.  I have lanterns for the pool side reception...  I ordered 24 in my wedding colors (hopefully this will be enough).  The best place to get them is http://asianideas.com/.  We live in Vancouver and they were going to cost $4-6/ lantern.  Through Asian Ideas, we spent $2/ lantern.  Of course the shipping to Canada is a bit pricey, but we have friends in Seattle and shipped to their place.  My fiance put LED lights in to illuminate them.  I'm leaving in 8 days for GBP, so I'll let you know how the lanterns turn out.

3.  We got the groom's linen suit from Mexx... and it is beautiful!  The groomsmen are wearing tan pants and a white shirt.

Kitchenwitch and Patourn,

I can't believe you guys are leaving for Mexico tomorrow!  YYAAAYYY!!!   Have a great time and CONGRATS!!!  Please let us know how it turns out!

xooxoxoxo  Thao

#3388 mannixrox

mannixrox
                • 18 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 08:19 PM

GOOD LUCK and best wishes to all the quickly approaching weddings!! I am so looking forward to hearing about your experience and hope that everything goes smoothly!!

#3389 mannixrox

mannixrox
                  • 18 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 08:37 PM

Thao

what a great idea for the laterns,  I'm looking forward to seeing how they turned out!

#3390 nikki&owen

nikki&owen
                    • 64 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by thaodao 

Hi Abbie!

I'll try and answer as many questions as I can...

1.  DJ Bob's email is boradem@aim.com.  We are using him as well and he comes highly recommended! 

2.  I have lanterns for the pool side reception...  I ordered 24 in my wedding colors (hopefully this will be enough).  The best place to get them is http://asianideas.com/.  We live in Vancouver and they were going to cost $4-6/ lantern.  Through Asian Ideas, we spent $2/ lantern.  Of course the shipping to Canada is a bit pricey, but we have friends in Seattle and shipped to their place.  My fiance put LED lights in to illuminate them.  I'm leaving in 8 days for GBP, so I'll let you know how the lanterns turn out.

3.  We got the groom's linen suit from Mexx... and it is beautiful!  The groomsmen are wearing tan pants and a white shirt.

Kitchenwitch and Patourn,

I can't believe you guys are leaving for Mexico tomorrow!  YYAAAYYY!!!   Have a great time and CONGRATS!!!  Please let us know how it turns out!

xooxoxoxo  Thao

I really like the idea of the paper lanterns! I also have tissue paper pom poms in my wedding color that I want to hang from the grass umbrella things that are around the poolside reception area, but I would love to do the lanterns too. Does anyone know if there is somewhere to hang the lanterns around the poolside area (other than the umbrellas)? I don't want to hand them both in the same spot. Let me know your suggestions!

Thanks

Nikki

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users