Sailor

Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

We had 3 guitar guys....they were amazing!!!!!  I didn't see any rocky areas around Tulum, since we did a TTD at Akumal so I wasn't looking.  Sorry I meant  to say for our reception we paid for the minimum bar and got fully stocked!!!!

Originally Posted by fraggle42 View Post

Thanks for the info. 

Do you get to choose the style of band for the 2 hours or is there only a mariachi available. I do actually think I would like to go with a bit of Mexican feel but just wondered what the options were. Are there any rocky areas on Tulum beach?

When you say you paid for the bar. Do you mean at the Lobby? Surely it is all inclusive?

I have not had the brochure yet. I dare not ask questions about anything else to Jazmin yet because it is already taking weeks to find out wedding/dinner locations times available and she still has not got back to me. So don't even want to ask about flowers yet. 

I just asked on here because someone bought me a bouquet for my birthday and it has a stargazer lily in and I thought it was lovely.

Originally Posted by Sunshine2680 View Post

As long as the flowers are in that brochure that your WC sends they'll be included. Expensive ones like orchids and calla lilies are going to be extra

I actually think that Paloma is Jazmin's boss or supervisor - so you should be in good hands..tho i can't speak from experience - sorry

Sorry its me again. 

were the guys mariachi or just a guitar trio?

Originally Posted by kristi11 View Post

We had 3 guitar guys....they were amazing!!!!!  I didn't see any rocky areas around Tulum, since we did a TTD at Akumal so I wasn't looking.  Sorry I meant  to say for our reception we paid for the minimum bar and got fully stocked!!!!

Ya..some are..I think the white and pink ones are included..but mine are the dark plum/purple ones and Jazmin quoted me a ridiculous price for my bouquet

So I actually went and hired Maya Diseno Floral to do my flowers and I'm saving about $1000!!! yay

Originally Posted by kristi11 View Post

i had calla lillies and they were included.

we had coconut and everyone loved it!! so good

Originally Posted by aquamaniac View Post

Ok past GBP brides, let's do a vote on cake flavours! I'd like to hear which one everyone thinks is the best before I commit! 

do any past brides know if we are allowed to have a friend marry us??? (not legally) I asked Maria this and she replied by saying that i can change the judge(legal) to a minister. i dont know if she understood my question... its now been 3 weeks and i havent gotten a responce ;(

Hi I have my wedding the same day, I'm staying at the Coba, but I reserve the tulum gazebo and they tell 2PM to, it's realy weard!! Sorry for my english I speak more in french... do you know who is the dj of the hôtel?

Hey Girls!

My wedding on Dec 12, 2012 and I was wondering what the Portofino Ingles Restaurant is like? We have about 50 guests coming so we have to have a set menu and I was thinking this would be nice for a menu:

Starter: Salmon Carpaccio/Flourtine Salad

Soup: Cream of Mushroom Soup

Main Course: Chicken Alla Gorgonzola

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Hi Ladies!

I finally was able to sit down and put together my photo tour of the Gran Bahia Principe Coba.  I hope you find it useful.

http://blog.faberphotography.com/gran-bahia-principe-coba-photo-tour

I will be publishing the Akumal and Tulum version shortly!