Sailor

Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jananaz View Post
So ladies who have already been to the Bahia... is the spa worth the money, or is there even an alternative place to go? I remember reading that you really need to bring a photo.
I got my hair done at the spa and I was really happy with it. I did bring several pictures and she got it pretty close.

Hi Colin,

In our case, we emailed Paloma and asked if Oct 15 or Oct 16 was available. She replied with the times and locations available for each day and sent me a form to complete and email back to her. Once she processed things on her end, she emailed me a confirmation that we were "pre-booked" and would go ahead with more details once our travel plans were secure.

I believe that she has people complete this form if they're "serious" about pre-booking and holding a date...as I'm sure they get a ton of inquiries that never turn into anything. There are questions on this form that you won't be able to complete (ie. booking number, tour operator, etc...) until your travel plans are booked. All that she is really looking for in the beginning is the basics (ie. names, dates, etc...) then you can just add the rest of the information later.

We also have the same plans at Jules...to stay at Coba and have our wedding at the Tulum gazebo. Most of us are travelling out of Calgary and we're going through Air Canada Vacations who (surprisingly) have had really good packages on lately. We have a group rate but it's only about $150 off the online rates.

From what I understand...Paloma is the main group / wedding co-ordinator (the manager of the group department??)...and then she passes the information on to the specific hotel's co-ordinator. I think there are 3 wedding co-ordinators (1 for each...Coba, Akumal, Tulum) and that's who you deal with for the rest of your plans...and Paloma oversees everything (if you ran into trouble). Is this what everybody else thinks too? Please correct me if I'm way off...

Hope this helps everyone out :)

I will keep you all posted once I get more details...because we're planning for a pooside reception with a DJ so I'm sure I can provide some tips when it comes to that as well...

The Spa...

We did manis/pedis/makeup/hair there.

Manis... decent.

Pedis... wouldn't do again. I would have just gotten it done here at home first

Makeup... I thought it was really good... HOWEVER bring your own eye liner and mascara. That was nasty!

Hair... BRING PHOTOS! But, with that said, we all loved our hair styles.

Paloma is definitely who you want to book with. We had much better luck having our travel agent book straight with her. She responded faster, probably because we looked like we were seriously interested?

Alrighty... I guess I'll go ahead and book the spa for hair then. Pedis at home is a good idea!

Yes I think Paloma is like the coordinator of coordinators. She's definitely the one to get in touch with since she's much better about returning emails - sometimes I heard back from her in minutes, and always within 12 hours.

Paloma is the Groups & Events Manager and is the one to pre-book your wedding date with. Simply send her an email with your request and she will take it from there. No TA contact is necessary. You will be required to fill out a form (provide what you can - no need to know your booking number if you haven't booked yet - just provide it when you do) and no deposit is required. I am pre-booked for February 25, 2010 at the Akumal beach location. Paloma's email address is:

groupsmx@bahia-principe.com

Hey! I have a question that I totally forgot to even ask about when I went down last time.. can you use/rent snorkeling equipment at the resort?? It would be nice to not have to drag down a bunch of snorkel crap...or gear! haha

They did have snorkel gear however if the Red flag is up they do not let you use it. While we were there most days was a red flag so we bough a some snorkel gear in the gift shop at the resort.

Yup, you can use the snorkel gear for an hour free every day, or you can rent it. When we were there it was never a red flag... but i had heard of the same type of situation occuring.