Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 5,752 posts
    • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 14 May 2008 - 11:43 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pazoop
    I thought it might look good to have cut limes AND lemons with green and yellow flowers...anyone seen this before? any thoughts?
    FYI, for the most part you cannot get lemons in mexico. they are not widely available there like they are in the US. usually the only places you can get them is a a specialty store, and they are expensive. limes are much more common and generally available in 2 sizes -- the regular size you are used to seeing in a grocery store and then the key lime which is a miniature sized lime. ive been to many grocery stores in mexico city that didnt carry lemons at all. my FI tells me this is also the case even in places like cabo, PV, cancun, etc

#23 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 3,754 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 11:59 PM

do green apples count? I had this pic in my stash and went searching for it thinking it was limes. But it gives you an idea.

Click the image to open in full size.

#24 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 15 May 2008 - 12:32 AM

if you go to the vbpicgallery (see nav bar) there are some floral arrangements and ideas...

Click the image to open in full size.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#25 thomastaci22

thomastaci22
      • 98 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 08:06 AM

Hey girls,
        Does anyone know a good place to get fake lemons and limes? I want to use them in my center piece like some of the ones posted here, but I need to make sure they don't float in water...any suggestions?

#26 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 9,504 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 09:06 AM

Michaels and Hobby Lobby have them and you can usually catch a 50% off sale. I think you would have to buy a few and check them out to see if they float.

#27 frazali

frazali
          • 245 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 10:41 AM

I wonder how fragrant these centerpieces are? Citrus usually has a pretty aggressive smell. I personally love it, but some may not.

#28 Dez921714

Dez921714
            • 1,489 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 11:57 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by DougsGirl
              ooh i like this one! so vibrant!
              Hey, I think I have this one in my signature...if not, then definately saved on my PC at home!! :)
              http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#29 Dez921714

Dez921714
              • 1,489 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 11:57 AM

Opps, I didn't quote the right person to get th epic to show up...but I see my siggy now and I have the one with the cut up limes :)
                http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#30 sadieb124

sadieb124
                • 1 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:48 AM

Hi!

Could you please tell me how you got the limes to sink in those vase centerpieces !? I'm trying to do this for my wedding centerpieces, and my limes are all floating :( help!

Thank you much!

Sarah

sfurlong8@comcast.net

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users