Sign in to follow this  
Philly_Bride

DJ: Mannia Cancun review

Hi Girls,

We also hired DJ Mannia for our wedding at the Playacar Palace on October 10, 2010.  NOT ONE regret AT ALL.  I was a little nervous at first bc I was so swamped that I never sent a playlist to them but NO WORRIES.A couple of days before, I was asked for the special dance songs, and with in minutes they replied to my email they had them. DJ Mannia is very professional and prompt!  At the reception I told them the DO Not plays(IE: chicken dance, YMCA ETC.) and that was it!  They had everyone on the dance floor all night!  They did an amazing job!!  You will NOT regret chosing them one bit!!!! Please feel free to PM any questions.

I would recommed DJ Mannia Cancun without hesitation

Tanya 

I just recently worked with Mannia for the first time on Oct 30.  I was very pleased with their professionalism and attentiveness to the details going on during the ceremony.  I felt very confident that the right songs were going to be played at the right time!!  Which, is a very big DEAL!! :)

congrats!!

Originally Posted by shelbs97 View Post

I am so glad to read the good reviews.  We hired him for our May 2011 wedding and I'm nervous because typically Cancun Palace doesn't let in outside vendors....

Hey Shelbs97...dont worry about the Palace.  I got married at the Playacar Palace and we had no problem.  You should tell your wedding coord.  though, bc DJ Mannia, needs to sign a contract with the Palace.  You will also have to pay day passes for them.  When communicating with your wedding Coord, dont ask...just tell...I said..."I hired DJ Mannia for my wedding, please forward the necessary paperwork for them to review, in addition, pleae confirm how much the day passes are"

Don't sweat it!

Originally Posted by Tanya Marie View Post

Hey Shelbs97...dont worry about the Palace.  I got married at the Playacar Palace and we had no problem.  You should tell your wedding coord.  though, bc DJ Mannia, needs to sign a contract with the Palace.  You will also have to pay day passes for them.  When communicating with your wedding Coord, dont ask...just tell...I said..."I hired DJ Mannia for my wedding, please forward the necessary paperwork for them to review, in addition, pleae confirm how much the day passes are"

Don't sweat it!

Thanks!  Yeah, I made them write in my contract that I could have outside vendors.  I knew about the day passes for them as well.  But he needs to sign a contract?  Is it in Spanish by any chance?  I thought another bride had mentioned something like that....
I learned fast to TELL, not ASK when it comes to dealing with Palace Resorts, lol!

Hello!!

So you had DJ Mania and the light up dance floor!  My fiance and I want the same thing - I worry about the price..it was pretty affordable?  Our wedding is going to be in the Riviera Maya January 2012...SO EXCITED!!

Your photo's are amazing - did you bring in a photographer??

Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful experience!smile72.gif

Sarah

We hired DJ Mannia for our March 31st, 2011 wedding at the Grand Palladium in Riviera Maya.  We had Carlos as a MC and he was great!  He met with us right before the introduction, made sure we had everyone in order and that he had everyone's name correctly.  They played everyone song as requested and the music during dinner was great (their choice of songs).  When we were running behind on schedule, they gladly made some changes and accomodated us.  We had some cold fireworks during our 1st dance and they had them exactly at the time in the song that I requested.  Plus, we also got some extra orange spotlights to put around the room and they looked nice.  After dinner, they really got the party started, brought out some balloons for our guests to play with and everyone had a great time.  I would recommend them 100%!

Hello Stephy D 

Thanks so much for your comments about our service , it was a pleasure been part of such special day in your lifes ,

Congratulations , wish you the best !!!!!!!

Great thread!  I just contacted DJ Mannia about doing my wedding at Moon Palace on July 22.  The only difference with me is that I am bringing my DJ and I want to rent their equipment. 

I also like the motto of don't ask, just TELL them what you are going to do.  The Palace resorts have so many restrictions on vendors that it's ridiculous.  Hopefully they'll give me a great price.

DJ Mannia was fabulous! Our reception was incredible from the 007 theme song we asked him to play for us to enter into the reception (my last name is now Bond :) to the great mix of songs and perfect sound system! It was nearly 100 degrees (or at least it felt like it) and the men were ripping their shirts off. It was straight out of a dance club and I wouldn't have changed a thing! The communication was similar to what I experienced with the resort, which was a 2-3 day turnaround time on email responses. Patience is a virtue when planning a destination wedding. This is something that was a bit difficult to digest, but well worth it in the end. I would highly recommend DJ Mannia for your wedding if you want to have a party atmosphere that keep will keep the guests talking (and sighing) for years!