Photo

For the shorties in the house..

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 yamille

yamille
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 08:12 AM

This may be a silly question and I haven't started looking yet but....
    Are most wedding gowns always floor length? I am a tad under 5'3" and am planning a barefoot beach wedding. I will wear shoes for the reception but I don't want to look like an oompa loompa walking down the aisle. I don't ever really wear floor length skirts cause I feel they don't make me look my best. What did you all do?
    Thanks!

#2 Angel

Angel
    • 2,635 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 08:23 AM

All of the wedding gowns that I have tried on were floor length. I'm only 5'1" so it could've just been me. So I guess it really depends on how tall you are.

#3 Christi

Christi
      • 1,905 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 08:28 AM

I'm 5'4 and wearing a short dress...just below the knee...it's got a 50's flair to it...inspired by Stephanie James (I love her dresses)...Stephanie James Couture

#4 Alyssa

Alyssa
        • 11,793 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 08:51 AM

I am 5'4" and I just bought my dress - I have to have it hemmed but not too much!

#5 Celina

Celina
          • Banned
          • 2,811 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 10:36 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by ladygrey
            I'm 5'4 and wearing a short dress...just below the knee...it's got a 50's flair to it...inspired by Stephanie James (I love her dresses)...Stephanie James Couture
            WOW - that website is amazing! I am wearing a tea length and I'm 5ft 2.
            "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#6 1elephant

1elephant
            • VIP Member
            • 15,998 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 06:48 PM

i'm 5' even and wore floor length. i had a hollow-toe measurement, so it was specifically made for my height. it did look like a tiny communion dress when it was hanging tho

#7 Christine

Christine
              • VIP Member
              • 21,514 posts
              • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
              • Wedding Location:Napa, California
              • LocationReno, NV

Posted 05 May 2008 - 06:50 PM

I just had mine hemmed for my height (5'4")
              Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#8 stacey

stacey

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 4,853 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 06:51 PM

I am 5'5 not short, but I found out that Davids Bridal sells petite dresses, which would be great for someone like you, that way it is made to fit your body a little more. i actually ended up buying a petite dress. It fits perfectly and didnt have to have it hemmed at all.
                Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008

#9 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 9,504 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 06:55 PM

I'm having mine hemmed. I don't know how much they are going to have to take off, but it feels like a foot! LOL!

Just part of being petite I guess. Though my stature is the only thing petite on me...

#10 jajajaja

jajajaja
                  • VIP Member
                  • 9,794 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 06:55 PM

I'm 5' and had to have it hemmed. I meant to order it hem to hollow but that didn't happen- I asked for it but forgot to reaffirm this. I was too excited.

It hemmed up nicely and I had a TON of lace. I was afraid it would look all crazy, but they really know what they are doing.
                    Happily married since 2008

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users