To OOT or not to OOT??
Posted 30 April 2008 - 05:54 PM
I love making lists, so hereâ€™s my pro/con list:
OOT bag PROS:
1. Itâ€™d be a really nice gesture, since our guests are traveling so far to be with us.
2. It would really impress them (shallow for me to think that, but itâ€™s true).
3. I think some stuff will come in handy, like travel mugs and sunblock, etc.
OOT bag CONS:
1. Added expense. We have about 55 guests, and if we do 1 bag per couple and 1 bag per single, weâ€™d need about 35 bags. With a low estimate of $10/bag, thatâ€™s $350. But this could easily balloon into $15/bag, making it $525.
2. For all the money weâ€™d be spending, Iâ€™m not sure how useful people will find it. Iâ€™d hate to spend all that money, just to have them bury their mug and bag in the back of their closet forever.
3. I donâ€™t want to pay extra for shipping, so I have no idea how weâ€™re going to bring everything with us. (I can just picture my suitcase filled with 55 travel mugsâ€¦ ha!)
Iâ€™m leaning towards no OOT bags to avoid the cost and the headache, but I feel kind of cheap for doing that. On the other hand, I donâ€™t want to feel like Iâ€™m â€œwastingâ€ money on things that people donâ€™t want or care about anyway. (eg., If I just emailed all my guests to tell them to bring their own travel mug because the resort is AI, no one would think anything of it. No oneâ€™s been to a DW before, so donâ€™t know any betterâ€¦ which is good for me. LOLâ€¦)
Soâ€¦ what should I do? Did anyone NOT do an OOT bag, and did your guests talk smack about it?
Posted 30 April 2008 - 06:03 PM
Posted 30 April 2008 - 06:23 PM
July 23, 2008
Posted 30 April 2008 - 06:40 PM
I spent about $10 a bag, but I feel like it's stuffed with things people will use. The more I read the threads about what guests really used, the more things I added to my list. I had a lot of fun making mine. I also focused on keeping things compact & packable. instead of mugs, I did stacking cups. I did 70 cent lightweight bags.
Posted 30 April 2008 - 06:58 PM
We're in the same boat as you - 35 bags - and wanted to stay around $10/bag. We tried to pick items we thought our guests would like, keeping in mind the avg age (no children coming), etc.
Posted 30 April 2008 - 07:12 PM
Posted 30 April 2008 - 07:17 PM
Posted 30 April 2008 - 09:43 PM
I don't think that anybody would hold it against you for not giving out OOT bags, unless you have either had a DW or been to one people might not even know what they are.
Posted 30 April 2008 - 09:45 PM
Posted 30 April 2008 - 10:36 PM
Morgan, I'm going to look through your OOT links now. Seems like a lot of useful info!! Thanks so much. I especially like the way you made the individual pill packs, without having to buy them in individual packs. That will definitely save some $$. I'm amazed you only spent $10 each. They look great!
PS, Heidi, your pro-pics look amazing! Congrats!!
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users