Posted 29 April 2008 - 01:03 PM

I filled up at $3.39 two days ago

#12 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 9,504 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 01:05 PM

On the way to work it was $3.62 in Louisville, KY. I did hear that a smaller town about 30 minutes south had it for $3.40 (Bardstown, where bourbon comes from).

These prices are killing me! I have 3 delivery vans that cost nearly $100 to fill up and I'm doing it more than once a week. It has also effected my food costs because companies are raising their delivery limits and delivery charges, etc. Most people forget that all of our plastic products - plate, cups, forks, etc are petroleum based products so those are on the rise as well!

#13 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 9,504 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 01:08 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by hollisandsteph
        $3.59 in Van Wert, Ohio (NW Ohio)
        We went home this weekend for my bachlorette party and spent $120 in gas. I do have enouhgh for the week now but we have never spent that much money in gas! When I put the initial $80 I thought of all the other things i could do with $80!!!
        We have to go to Kansas for FI's brothers wedding at the end of May. Memorial Day weekend so you know the prices will go up even more! It's an 8 hour drive each way and his car is a V-8. It was cheaper for us both to fly Southwest at $300 total than it would have been for us to drive!

#14 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
        • 1,881 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 01:10 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by JamaicaBride062108
          It has also effected my food costs because companies are raising their delivery limits and delivery charges, etc. Most people forget that all of our plastic products - plate, cups, forks, etc are petroleum based products so those are on the rise as well!
          I have noticed this too for delivery stuff that comes to our office...Really I noticed when I tried to order an ice cream cake from Carvel. They are about 30 minutes outside the city and Dean LOVES his carvel ace cream cake...fudgy the whale :P but now Fudgy costs almost $50 to deliver
          http://i264.photobuc....h/IMG_1002.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. C
          February 14, 2009

#15 jajajaja

jajajaja
          • VIP Member
          • 9,794 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 01:15 PM

$4.04 for premium! We commute 45 mins each way to work too! I noticed on my trip back East last summer that the prices were lower than the West coast. What's up with that?
            Happily married since 2008

#16 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 5,752 posts
            • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 29 April 2008 - 01:22 PM

$3.39 for regular in downtown chicago yesterday. FI is pissed at me for forgetting to fill up the gas tank over the weekend because it just keeps going up here.

#17 ochoriobride

ochoriobride
            • 489 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 01:35 PM

Here in Canada it's 1.26 a liter if I convert right it's 4.75$ gallon
              http://tickers.Ticke....ed78/event.png

Justin & NathalieApril 22nd 2008Riu Ocho Rios

#18 happygilmore

happygilmore
              • 576 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 01:38 PM

We are at $3. 59/gallon in Vermont and I travel 60 miles a day, round trip to get where I work. Vermont has SUCKY public transportation!

#19 DreaW

DreaW
                • Banned
                • 2,462 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 01:38 PM

In Mission Viejo it's $3.89 for regular.... I hate that I have to travel so much....

#20 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
                  • VIP Member
                  • 4,791 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 01:39 PM

It keeps going up here as well but it sounds like we're not doing too bad comparatively. My car is an Acura so it will only run on Premium - here Premium is at $3.81/gal. I think Regular is somewhere around $3.56/gal.

Of course this varies WIDELY in and around Dallas. I try to buy my gas out in Arlington right by the college because it is normally about 10 cents cheaper than the equivalent station here in Dallas but right now even those prices are up! Now, if you go to Uptown to buy gas the prices are definitely up to $4/gal. You really have to be conscious about where you buy gas here.

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                    "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users