Small wedding, I mean really small

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Librarychick

• 5 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 12:28 PM

Hello everyone,

I was thinking of a very intimate ceremony with 10 people or less. Has anyone done this? and how does this affect the cost?

#2 serena

• 114 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 12:32 PM

hey, we are having a small wedding 10 people at the ROR we are going for the free package, and up grading some bits.

#3 ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 9,504 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 12:38 PM

I would think it would be easier. Most of the packages I looked at at the various resorts had "free" items for up to 8 or 10 guests. I think because you have a small group you will be able to make any upgrades you might want. You can also treat your guests to some nicer meals, excursions, OOT bags, etc. because you have the smaller number. There are things that I would have loved to do for my guests but 35 people times $30 here and $50 here really adds up!

#4 rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 12:40 PM

I think it would be much easier.

#5 Jenn

• 1,557 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 12:49 PM

We had 12 guests confirmed prior to leaving (and a surprise 4 once we got to Jamaica). I think it definitely made things easier and gave us the ability to splurge in a few places. We also wanted something REALLY intimate, so we found a small all-inclusive where we essentially had the entire resort to ourselves.

#6 superez

• 106 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 01:49 PM

We are only having 6 guests, and I'm glad we are! Not as many hassles to worry about, and of course it is much more reasonable! Then the main reason is that we've always wanted something super intimate. I get so easily distracted, and I knew that if we had a wedding here in the US it would have had to be BIG (300+), and I just didn't want my wedding day to be a blur. I felt bad initially not opening up our destination wedding to more family and friends, but I would have had to open it up to the 300, and even though I know not all of them would have made it, we probably would have had a good 75-100 and again, it wouldn't be intimate any more. We are going to have a very informal AHR when we get back, so I'm sure it will all be good.

After seeing Becky's (beckyandbrian) ceremony pics and she only had 7 guests, I'm even more excited that we're doing this! So much more intimate and meaningful.

#7 Pisces

• 255 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 01:58 PM

We have 14 guests and I am really happy with it. There are four people I'm sad aren't going to be there, but in general I think our size is really nice. We are doing a few things some people might think are "weird" for such a small wedding (such as hiring a DJ), but we want to add it because with such a small group we can afford to do something really nice.
                Colin in I in 2005 when we fell in love with Maui!

#8 Hartyt509

• 2,262 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 02:49 PM

I think it would be great, we have asked 21 and 3 have booked so far! I am so happy and will be even happier if it ends up being about 10 people so go for it

#9 Birdie07

• 1,218 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 03:52 PM

We had 5 guests and plus us is 7. It was so easy. I loved it. Very intimate!!!!!

#10 vdambs

• 24 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 05:12 PM

I totally agree with all of you...we are only inviting about 20 and think that only about 10-12 will actually show. I wanted something small as well and new that if we had done our wedding at "home" things would have just snow balled into something I really didn't want after all!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users