Sign in to follow this  
Martha

Laura Mercier Make-Up

I used almost all Laura Mercier for my wedding - tinted moisturizer (which I still use every day), loose powder, waterproof mascara, and lip gloss. It photographed beautifully and I was really happy with it. Incidentally, in 2 weddings I've been in before where I've had my makeup done, the makeup artists used Laura Mercier and it always photographed well.

I used this brand for my wedding and have been really happy with it. In fact I still use it everyday and my face is really clear and it lasts all day.

personally I don't like Mac because it makes you look really pale/ghost like in non-pro pics

I am absolutely devoted to Laura Mercier products! The only non-Laura Mercier product I use is drugstore mascara (Loreal Voluminous because it works just as well!)

Her products are great because she really sticks to neutral, natural tones for her face products so you look like you have flawless skin but not like you're wearing a ton of makeup (I found this happened on my skin a lot with MAC foundations and powders). I also love it because it does not make me break out like other products.

This is really good info ladies - I had no idea that certain make-up photogrpahed better than others...I have been a fan f smashbox for years, but never had professional pics taken! Thanks for this info....adding it to my list....

Thanks ladies! I am glad to hear her line photographs well!

Now I just hope that the girls at Blue Mercury do a good job at applying it!

I've never used Laura Mercier but I heard it's pretty good. I'm a true follower of MAC for pics.. especially the foundation "Studio Tech". It gives an all-over even look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maura View Post
laura mercier has good foundation.

have you tried smashbox? its specifically made for being photographed. i just bought about $170 worth of smashbox last week and LOVE it.
Ulta has a Smashbox set on sale for $45 right now.

I've used both Mercier and Armani. I was a big Mercier fan for a while, but maybe I got bored with it after a few years. I love Armani. All their products glide on and don't crease.

Personally, I wouldn't bother with two sets of makeup.

Lauren's right, I used Laura Mercier for my wedding! I love her stuff... easy to apply, good staying power, and I loved the natural look that they did for me! I still use the products daily, and have no complaints. Photographed beautifully too!