Finally picked a place!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 djtinnie

• 38 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 10:51 PM

Hi Everyone,

I've been reading so much in this forum and haven't posted much. We finally picked a place 2 weeks ago. We will be married at Sunset at the Palms on November 21, 2008.

This forum is great. You girls are so supportive and have wonderful ideas. From this site, I found my travel agent, my photographer, my location, OOT bags, and a fellow SATP bride - who is so supportive.

Thank you all -- even though I don't post much you helped me so much!

Even though there aren't many SATP bride, any advice would be great. Especially must do excursions and must see places around Negril!

Also is a wedding rehearsal necessary? I only have a maid of honor, best man, and flower girl. Oh yeah and the groom HAHA!

#2 ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 9,504 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 10:54 PM

Congrats! Once you pick a place it is a huge relief! Everything else falls into place. With such a small wedding party you shouldn't need a rehearsal. Some resorts charge for them (I guess because there are so many weddings) so it might not be worth the $$$ to you.

I'm planning on gathering my bridal party in my room or the lobby or somewhere and having a quick, informal run through.

#3 Bride010101

• 1,547 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 10:58 PM

Congrats! I remember what a great feeling it was picking a date! My aunt got married at another Sunset in Jamaica and loved it! Good luck and Happy Planning!

#4 jmhein

• 665 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 11:23 PM

I have heard a lot of wonderful things about Sunset at the Palms so I will really look forward to your pictures when the time comes! :)
          You will love Jamaica, it is such a wonderful, beautiful place!
          As for a rehearsal, I say if there's no charge, might as well go for it. It helps to know where to walk, where to turn, how slow to walk, where to stand, etc!!
          Welcome again, this forum really is such a wonderful supportive place!
          ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

#5 Myda77

• 821 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 11:24 PM

Congratulations! That is great. I am still trying to get my act together in regards to a site. I was also looking into SATP, it's a beautiful resort. Now you can plan away!
            Maida & Tomas
            Circa 2004 - Our first picture together!

#6 ~*petals*~

• 1,572 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 11:31 PM

Congrats to another Negril bride! I've heard great things about SATP.

#7 JHarwood2Be

• 687 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 10:07 AM

When I was looking at Jamaica, I really liked SATP.
                Here are some photos I came across.
                Shannon & Christopher
                Sunset at the Palms day 1
                I'm sure it'll be beautiful!
                Photography by Tamm's Photos

#8 Linzibella

• 110 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 10:17 AM

Congrats! Doesn't it feel great to have made that decision? Now on with the rest of the planning, although it sounds like you've got most of it pretty well organized.

#9 Jenn

• 1,557 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 10:59 AM

Congrats on picking a place! I wasn't married at Sunset, but we spent part of our honeymoon there... I have a lot of pics, so if there is something in particular you want to see, I may be able to help. I didn't see a wedding though, so can't help with how they do it.

The staff there was really wonderful, and when you get down there, definitely ask for a flaming Bob Marley shot... so much fun!

#10 Yari

• VIP Member
                    • 10,928 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 11:19 AM

Congrats on picking a place!!!

I use to live in Fullerton...went to CSUF.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users