Photo

2007 and Jan/Feb 2008 Riu Ocho Rios Brides - when did you receive your certificate?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#11 jmhein

jmhein
  • 665 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 03:31 PM

All right!! Today on my lunch hour Canada Post arrived with an envelope from the Riu Ocho Rios by registered mail!! Yahoo!! Our official marriage certificate has arrived - 2 months and 1.5 weeks from our wedding date!
    Now... where do I even start with this name change stuff? Le sigh....
    ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

#12 Spazz

Spazz
    • VIP Member
    • 10,482 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 03:32 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by jmhein
      All right!! Today on my lunch hour Canada Post arrived with an envelope from the Riu Ocho Rios by registered mail!! Yahoo!! Our official marriage certificate has arrived - 2 months and 1.5 weeks from our wedding date!
      Congrats You must be so excited to have it in your hands. Good luck with the name change process!

#13 chicago88

chicago88
      • 699 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 03:37 PM

Quote:
        Congrats Janelle!!! Mine should be right behind yours.

Sorry, I have no idea where to start with name changing stuff....

Therese & Jay
        Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica2.15.08
        http://tickers.Ticke....1f03/event.png

#14 jmhein

jmhein
        • 665 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 03:41 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by chicago88
          Congrats Janelle!!! Mine should be right behind yours.

Sorry, I have no idea where to start with name changing stuff....
          Hopefully yours arrives in the next few days!! Then we can struggle through this name changing stuff together!
          ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

#15 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
          • Moderators
          • 25,218 posts
          • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
          • LocationSeattle

Posted 21 April 2008 - 04:45 PM

i know there was a thread posted but i dont know if it applies to canada brides. maybe when you find out you could make a thread filling all you girls up north in on the correct way to change your name in canada!

#16 jmhein

jmhein
          • 665 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 04:51 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by DougsGirl
            i know there was a thread posted but i dont know if it applies to canada brides. maybe when you find out you could make a thread filling all you girls up north in on the correct way to change your name in canada!
            Good idea! I'll do that!

#17 DLyteful

DLyteful
            • 879 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 10:48 PM

Quote:
              Whoooohooooo! This is one of the parts I'm most worried about. Getting our certificate once were are married and have left Jamaica. Oh well, no worries right?

The Social security office should be loads of fun for you and changing your name....

Oh wait, do you have to go thru that in Canada....

#18 cifmah

cifmah
              • 12 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 10:53 AM

I emailed Chandlyn, and she said 6-8 weeks . . .

#19 Ange

Ange
                • 24 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 12:28 PM

To you Canadian brides, you can't start the process with the handwritten one we were sent home with? That was going to be my intent, have any of you tried it?

#20 chicago88

chicago88
                  • 699 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 01:00 PM

I received my official marriage certificate - yeah!!!!!! Now, the name changing process!

For those of you who changed your name already, do you think I should go to the DMV first or the social security office??

Therese & Jay
                    Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica2.15.08
                    http://tickers.Ticke....1f03/event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users