• 1,266 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 11:12 PM

great house! Congrats!

#22 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
    • VIP Member
    • 2,347 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 11:36 PM

Kathi, that place looks great--- love the yard size too!

I gotta ask tho--- is real estate really that high in demand in Stephenville? We're in Plano and have been watching the market for the Dallas side, and the FW side of the metroplex. We've noticed that FW in general has so much better pricing than Dallas for what all is found in the property itself... I'm just floored that the real estate in Stephenville is this much higher than FW in general---- I would have expected a smaller community that far outside of FW would have even lower prices than found in the immediate FW suburbs. What am I missing? I know there's got to be something I don't know about that reflects the difference.

(We would LOVE to move to FW, if we stay in the metroplex.... so I'm really interested in your take on the market over there. We have a different perspective since we live in NE suburbs of Dallas...)

#23 sunnydaes

sunnydaes
      • 684 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 11:38 PM

woooo hooo congrats! its a great house!

#24 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 4,513 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 12:05 AM

How exciting! Good job on keeping the secret this long! I'm sure you will love it!!

#25 Yari

Yari
          • VIP Member
          • 10,928 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 01:16 AM

Your house is amazing!! It's is amazing how much you can get outside of California!

#26 S2BLennon

S2BLennon
            • 668 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 01:31 AM

SO happy for you! Buying a house is such an adventure... And It is so much fun to make your own once you are in! have fun making memories!

#27 Aimless911

Aimless911
              • 391 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 01:35 AM

Congratulations!!! Love the backyard too! I see many a bbq's out there!!!

#28 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
                • 2,183 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 06:34 AM

Congratulations! Great house, what a huge backyard.

#29 Kat81

Kat81
                  • VIP Member
                  • 7,615 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 08:50 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by MikkiStreak
                    Kathi, that place looks great--- love the yard size too!

I gotta ask tho--- is real estate really that high in demand in Stephenville? We're in Plano and have been watching the market for the Dallas side, and the FW side of the metroplex. We've noticed that FW in general has so much better pricing than Dallas for what all is found in the property itself... I'm just floored that the real estate in Stephenville is this much higher than FW in general---- I would have expected a smaller community that far outside of FW would have even lower prices than found in the immediate FW suburbs. What am I missing? I know there's got to be something I don't know about that reflects the difference.

(We would LOVE to move to FW, if we stay in the metroplex.... so I'm really interested in your take on the market over there. We have a different perspective since we live in NE suburbs of Dallas...)
                    Stephenville is pretty high demand... we literally looked at a house took a day to think went to bid and it had already been put in a contract. Not to mention the house we are buying is in Heritage Hills, which means nothing to you I am sure. But Heritage Hills is like a residential area that is "the place to live" right now in Stephenville. You think Stephenville is high you should look at the property in Granbury.
                    There are a lot cheaper homes in Stephenville that are like twenty years old but have been remodeled. We wanted a newer home in a nice area for my FI son. He is moving down in August (from canada).
                    A lot of people move down to Stephenville and Granbury and commute to the metroplex daily. They want a better enviroment for their kids but still want the City Wages. So, that might be a factor as well.

#30 manda0812

manda0812
                    • 343 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 08:54 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by chicago88
                      Wow...that's a beautiful house & such a great price!!! You'd pay almost double for something like this by me. Congrats!!!
                      ditto - what a great house and such a good price from what I can gather. house prices are crazy here at the moment.. congrats, enjoy the process of buying and moving!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users