What to wear the rest of the time?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#11 1elephant

1elephant
  • VIP Member
  • 15,998 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 07:11 PM

i also wore a bride hat. i don't usually do hats, but it was damn cute and hell, it was my wedding week! dh got tired of seeing it, but i told him that i had to live it up, as it was the only time i'd be able to wear it!

#12 dragonfly

dragonfly
    • 1,820 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 05:19 AM

first thing I wore was lot's, and lot's of sunscreen. I wore cute strapless sundresses and tube tops with flowy skirts and sarongs. In the evenings, again, lot's of cute dresses. I hate hats so never wore them, I didn't get sunburned or tanlines at all I was just really dilligent about sun screen. I love summer clothes I always feel so good in them, but I have to say I packed probably 3 times the amount of clothes that I needed, twice the amount of shoes:)

#13 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
      • 4,881 posts
      • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
      • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
      • LocationNew York

Posted 25 March 2008 - 08:02 AM

Generally, it will be swim suits and coverups during the day and cutie dresses in the eves.

FI bought me a dress for the welcome dinner - but it may be too fancy!! It's a champagne satin with ivory lace overlay - short (knee-length) and strapless.

I've been doing a bit of shopping for cute sundresses - found several that I love at Hawaiian Shirts - Tropical Hawaiian Clothing - Aloha Shirts - Hawaiian Dresses.

My gown is a halter, but also fairly low cut, so bathing suits are going to be a problem no matter what I do. At this point, I'm planning to wear triangle-top halter bikinis with as small a string connecting the cups as I can. And then I'm going to take some self tanner to touch up the line in between.

I'm a total sunscreen goddess (FI laughs because I won't wear or buy anything less than a 45, and I've ALWAYS got a hat and a long-sleeved, lightweight cotton tunic around, so I'm not too worried about tan lines.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#14 AmandaR

AmandaR
      • 241 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 08:07 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by becks
        I'm a total sunscreen goddess (FI laughs because I won't wear or buy anything less than a 45, and I've ALWAYS got a hat and a long-sleeved, lightweight cotton tunic around, so I'm not too worried about tan lines.
        I hear you about the sunscreen. The highest SPF I've been able to find for the body is 50, and the highest just for the face is 70. I'll definitely be wearing the highest SPF I can find for duration of my trip. FI and I are stocking up on sunscreen before we go - we don't want to pay $20 for a small tube of sunscreen at the resort!

Amanda

#15 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,047 posts
        • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
        • LocationToronto

Posted 25 March 2008 - 11:40 AM

Is it crazy that I've already started stockpiling clothes for my DW next year?! lol!! I loooove shopping and any excuse to buy stuff is welcome in my books. I've bought a bunch of strapless dresses, and bathing suits from BCBG, Holt Renfrew, Shopbop.com and bluefly.com so that I don't get tan lines. I also bought some regular dresses too. I'm trying to stick to silk dresses because I'm anticipating it being really hot. We're not really having a rehersal dinner so I'm just planning on buying stuff I can wear all the time. I"m on the hunt for a long maxi dress right now, I've seen a few by Diane Von Furstenberg that I like. Here's a list of my favorite online shopping stores:

Juicy Couture, Seven Jeans, and More - FREE SHIPPING - shopbop.com

True Religion Jeans, Juicy Couture, Seven Jeans, Citizens of Humanity at Revolve Clothing

Citizens of Humanity, T-Bags, YA-YA and More at Pink Mascara

Nordstrom: Designer Collections and Top Apparel, Shoe and Beauty Brands

Bluefly - Designer Clothing, Handbags, Shoes & Accessories (Prada, Fendi, Gucci & more) at Discount Prices

#16 boscobel

boscobel
        • VIP Member
        • 24,213 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 01:11 PM

Yari - I was going to say the same exact thing! I think I have 4 dresses that I bought for the rehearsal dinner, so since i can only wear one, I will be wearing the others on other nights...

I only wear skirts or dresses in the summer cuz I hate the way I look in shorts. That is, unless I lose that last bit of weight that I want to lose.

#17 Kat81

Kat81
          • VIP Member
          • 7,615 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 01:15 PM

I can't wait to go shopping!!!

#18 SharlaScott

SharlaScott
            • 74 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 11:46 AM

I found this great swim suit to avoid tan lines!

Victoria's Secret - Product Details
              Sharla & Scott

#19 BarefootBride

BarefootBride
              • 1,266 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 12:31 PM

Im totally wearing just a bathing suit the whole time at my resort. (its a boutique resort and our bungalow is on the far end of the resort) For dinner with our guest I will probably put a cover up on. I will also pack a typical summer outfit - top and capri.

#20 BarefootBride

BarefootBride
                • 1,266 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 12:34 PM

Ana we could totally hang out together - I am a shopaholic too! I bought a cover up and 2 swim suits! check this one out... I bought this one... its so cute! Its about the cutest 1 piece I have ever had.
                  Click the image to open in full size.
                  Click the image to open in full size.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users