Photo

????? question ?????

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 natty

natty
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 11:08 PM

I just received the "contract" from the hotel we want the wedding at. It requires $75 per person to hold the rooms for me. We are inviting 50 people so it came to $3750! Do you get that deposit back after all the rooms have been booked and paid for by the guests?!!
    Natty

#2 Yari

Yari
    • VIP Member
    • 10,928 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 11:12 PM

Most of the time it gets applied to the rooms.

#3 JessicaM

JessicaM
      • Vendor
      • 1,969 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 11:16 PM

We had a required room block deposit as well. Once everyone booked that money went straight towards our room total.

#4 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 9,504 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 11:29 PM

That is really common. Before you sign anything, have a clear understand of the cancellation policy. So, if you only have 40 guests you know where the extra money goes!

#5 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
          • 2,262 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 03:59 AM

It might be best rather than fork out that kind of cash and lose it if some drop out! to ask the people who want to go for the deposit - if they seriously want to go they will pay it and at least u will get defo numbers then - i wouldn't pay it myself i think people are full of crap mostly and false promises you find out who wants to go if they put their hands in their pocket lol

#6 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
            • 26,161 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 04:59 AM

I agree with the previous poster to ask guests to pay the deposit themselves.

From my experience, as well as what I read here all the time, people will flake and if you have to eat that money or end up with more credit than you can use at that specific hotel, you won't be happy. Good luck!

#7 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
              • 1,260 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 12:46 PM

I also agree, ask guest to pay the deposit. We had about 42 people say they were DEFINITELY coming but really only 24 booked. If we had of paid the deposits out of our pocket I would have been really mad. No one had a problem paying the deposit, and ours was $250 b/c it was for flight and hotel. I gave them 2 months to pay deposit, then they had 6 months to pay balance of trip.
                See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#8 ochoriobride

ochoriobride
                • 489 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 02:37 PM

Same for us, We had to pay 150 per person to book and we only paid the rest 45 days before the trip. My guest paid their 150$
                  http://tickers.Ticke....ed78/event.png

Justin & NathalieApril 22nd 2008Riu Ocho Rios

#9 Saraha

Saraha
                  • 2,597 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 02:41 PM

We had to put down a $1000 deposit that is getting applied to the cost of everything,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users