My DIY "Formal" Invite Draft

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 beachbride08

beachbride08
  • VIP Member
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 09:51 AM

I haven't been able to make up my mind between doing a boarding pass invitation or a more formal looking one. I really liked the invitation that someone posted not too long along with the flaps, and I found them at Paper Source. I tried making a sample to see if this is something I wanted to take on as a DIY project, but I think I may go back to Paper Source to see how much it would cost for them to print them for me and maybe I'll just assemble and add the palm tree. My printer is not letting me print the RSVP card, and I decided that I am going to need to add one more card to include the travel info again in case people threw it away with the STD. Also, cutting the main invitation part to fit in the folder was a total pain and I just don't think I have the patience to cut 75 of these. Let me know what you think, or if I should just do the boarding passes as I think those may be easier?

I bought the palm tree stamp from Michael's and used a green stamp pad and white pearl embossing powder. You can see the green color when the invitation is more on angle. Straight on it looks like a shimmery light green, but in the picture it looks more silver I think due to the shimmer in the powder. The flaps are an ivory shimmer cardstock. I got pink envelopes to match the invitation cardstock. The RSVP card (not pictured) is the same ivory shimmer cardstock w/ a pink envelope and I got green ribbon to make a bellyband when the invitation is closed. For the travel card I might use a green cardstock to incorporate some more green since my colors are pink and green. For those of you that made bellybands out of ribbon, how did you do it so that the ribbon doesn't look frayed? Maybe I bought the wrong kind of ribbon?

Click the image to open in full size.
    Click the image to open in full size.
    Michelle

#2 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 09:55 AM

That stamp is so pretty!

#3 JennyK

JennyK
      • 3,502 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 09:56 AM

it looks great! I love the colors you have chosen :)

#4 LisaW

LisaW
        • 113 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 09:57 AM

Oh my goodness it looks amazing! I'm in awe that you did that yourself. Great job!!!!

Lisa

#5 jamisoncollette

jamisoncollette
          • 1,257 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 09:59 AM

They're beautiful! You can use clear nail polish on the ends of the ribbon to prevent fraying.

#6 LisaG

LisaG
            • VIP Member
            • 7,839 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 10:04 AM

Wow - those turned out great! I love the palm tree stamp! I definitely think you should do those!

#7 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 6,368 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 10:22 AM

My colors are pink and green too! They look great. I say stick with them.

#8 Saraha

Saraha
                • 2,597 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 10:25 AM

It looks great!! Nice job!

#9 luv2love

luv2love
                  • 260 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 10:25 AM

They look great! I LOVE the palm tree stamp! I hope they still have those stamps at Micheals - Don't know what I'll use it on but I'm sure I'll find something!!

#10 pryzeless

pryzeless
                    • 614 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 10:48 AM

It looks great, I really like the stamp.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users