Photo

CURLY Hair Styles

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Heidi

Heidi
  • 2,642 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 08:50 AM

I'm so hair frustrated!!!! All of the styles I LOVE don't work with my hair! I tried out a couple hair styles and I HATE how they turned out!!! Anyone have any CURLY hair styles they've found?? With people who have curly hair - not straight hair that has been curled - that's a whole different ballgame...

Here's how the trial turned out:

Inspiration pic:
    Click the image to open in full size.

Me (I HATE IT!!!):

Anyway, I know there are quite a few curly haired brides - so what are you planning to do I'm about ready to just wear it down like I normally do and call it a day!
    Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#2 BarefootBride

BarefootBride
    • 1,266 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 09:29 AM

I so feel your pain! I refuse to go natural curly. My hair is pretty spirally!

I want it to be curly but not so tightly curled. I am considering blow drying and flat iron. I was going to add extensions to give it more length because curly hair looks so short and I want it long.
      If you want to do something dramatic, I think you should either have it rolled in Gigantic rollers or blow dried to get the curls out and style it from there.
      If you want to wear it curly I say pull it back in a cute updo.
      BTW, I love your curls!

#3 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
      • Moderators
      • 25,218 posts
      • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
      • LocationSeattle

Posted 19 March 2008 - 09:46 AM

You know what, Heidi, I actually really like the way the trial turned out, but I do think it needs flowers or your veil, too. I don't think it looks finished, but it really does look like the trial only the curls aren't as loose.

Have you tried blowdrying with a diffuser instead of airdrying? I think that might makes your curls loosen up a bit altho I could be wrong. I use one when I want my curls to be really defined, but still soft and loose. Usually I just straighten every day, and my hair is not nearly as pretty or curly as yours tho.
      I really do like the pic tho, just try adding some details to it, and see what you think :)

BTW--AACCCKKKK! 12 days!!

#4 Gretchen

Gretchen
      • Banned
      • 416 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 10:04 AM

Heidi - I have to say that you have the curls that I tried to get FOR YEARS by perming! They would just never turn out that way. LOVE YOUR HAIR!
        Gretchen "GiGi"

#5 Celina

Celina
        • Banned
        • 2,811 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 10:18 AM

Heidi,

I feel your pain! My daughter has natrually curly hair and in the humidity it only got kinkier and tighter.

I'm sure there is a product that you can use to give your curls more shape and definition. Maybe a pomade or something that will weigh down the curls or something so they aren't so tight.

Have you checked with any local salons?

I also wouldn't use the diffuser because sometimes that will even add more frizz with naturally curly hair. I suggest letting it air dry after you put the product on.

I'm not too sure either but that is all I can think of.

With my daughter's hair for the wedding I think I am going to do a headband of roses or something just so her hair is off her face and just let the natural curls fall in the back.

Let us know what you find out.
          "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#6 Alyssa

Alyssa
          • 11,793 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 10:48 AM

Heidi,

why don't you blow it out straight and then use a curling iron to get the exact curls you want?

i do this all the time!

#7 boscobel

boscobel
            • VIP Member
            • 24,213 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 11:34 AM

Heidi, I think what was said above is right. The hairstyle looks pretty close to the pic, but perhaps you would feel more finished with the veil or flowers you are going to be using. Also having your makeup done the way you will wear it always helps to complete the look and give the full effect.

Here are some hairstyles that I have saved cuz I didn't want to worry about straightening my hair on my wedding day. Now my hair is only wavy, not curly like yours, but it turns into a big fuzzball if I straighten it and it's too humid.

Shoot, there is another one that I really like of Brittney Murphy, but I must've saved it on my work computer and I am home sick. I will look for it when I go back to work...

#8 Helen_S81

Helen_S81
              • 985 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 05:36 PM

Were those the Brittney Murphy pics? My daughter has curly hair so I'd saved a few pictures for ideas for her :)

#9 jmill130

jmill130
                • 601 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 05:43 PM

I feel your pain... I have thick curly hair! I have been thinking about this! I usally blow it out and then add curls, but I LOVE the brittany shots! Very cute! Thanks for your help:) Oh, I like the matrix so sleek products, they help my hair! Good Luck!

#10 1elephant

1elephant
                  • VIP Member
                  • 15,998 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 05:50 PM

heidi-
                    you may be best off straightening and then using a curling iron for the curls you want. otherwise, you could put it all up and not have to worry about how tight the curls are.
                    i had to go all up b/c i would have put it all up w/in 20 min...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users