Photo

Question for fellow black brides Re: hair plans

• Please log in to reply
192 replies to this topic

#71 Jamaica08bride

Jamaica08bride
  • 66 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 09:58 PM

I too have been wondering what I'm going to do with my hair. I usually keep my hair fairly short but have been growing it out for about a year to give myself a few more style options. I think I've decided on a simple bun of some sort. Me and a friend are planning on experimenting tomorrow so hopefully we can pull together something that I like and then re-create it on the wedding day.

The best part of it all is neither one of us are hair people. I hate it when my hair gets long enough to touch my neck so I don't know what to do with my hair once it grows out a little. She had a short natural when I met her and now locs so I have no idea what her hair styling skills are, but she volunteered and I trust her. This is going to be adventure! I told her as long as she doesn't burn me or my hair we can walk away friends.

#72 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
    • 1,260 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 11:32 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Jamaica08bride
      I told her as long as she doesn't burn me or my hair we can walk away friends.
      LOL- I have that exact conversation every time I go to the hairdresser! But I think you can't go wrong with a fancy or simple bun.
      See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#73 BillysBride

BillysBride
      • 1,255 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 08:56 AM

Everytime I hear the words "loose curls" all I think is setting lotion. Thats our only hope, especially in high humidity. Here in central Illinois, summers are killers and most girls I know just do the ponytail thing from about early July through September...no lie. hahhaa. The only thing I've had work is a liberal (and I do mean liberal) amount of setting lotion on wet hair (not even truly towel dried) and then after the set is done spritzing the curls BEFORE combing them out...not even with your fingers. In fact, I've sometimes just spritz on top and underneath the rollers prior to pulling them out.

I'm not sure anything will last and last...not for a full day. BUT, that should get a girl through the ceremony and photos if things go well.
        Savannah

http://i17.photobuck....inecollage.jpgThe Fab Four (my quads) Meryn, Kellen, Nico & Layla
        http://global.thekno...rs/tt265ad.aspxhttp://www.mywedding...nnah/index.html20 STD's w. pre-lim RSVP sent 6/15/09: 7 "Yes" so far/10 guests total!

#74 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
        • 802 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 01:39 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by ButlerGirl08
          Here are some pics of hairstyles and makeup..I have a whole microsoft word document with 22 pages...if anyone is interested in looking I can email it to you...Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
          ButlerGirl.........can you send me your document of hairstyles and makeup (stuz_wedding@yahoo.com) . I want to take a peek!! Thanks..

#75 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
          • 1,260 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 04:21 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by md_ocr
            ButlerGirl.........can you send me your document of hairstyles and makeup (stuz_wedding@yahoo.com) . I want to take a peek!! Thanks..
            Me too please!!

#76 BarefootBride

BarefootBride
            • 1,266 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 11:48 PM

Twelve! You have 7 Days!!! Have you narrowed it down? What are you plans?

Well I got my clip ins... boy I am glad I dont have to wear it all the time!

#77 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
              • 1,260 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 09:46 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by BarefootBride
                Twelve! You have 7 Days!!! Have you narrowed it down? What are you plans?

Well I got my clip ins... boy I am glad I dont have to wear it all the time!
                My plan at the current moment is PANIC! LOL! I got up early this morning and re-wrote the last minute to-do list and it's still a whole page. How is that possible? anyway, at the current moment this is what i think I'm going with, and my veil will hang from underneath the hairdo so that I can put a flower somewhere near the top/front:
                Click the image to open in full size.

#78 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
                • 1,260 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 09:53 AM

I was just scanning this thread and saw Gretchen got banned... wonder what happened

#79 twinkletoes

twinkletoes
                  • 2,302 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 10:00 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by twelve_piece
                    My plan at the current moment is PANIC! LOL! I got up early this morning and re-wrote the last minute to-do list and it's still a whole page. How is that possible? anyway, at the current moment this is what i think I'm going with, and my veil will hang from underneath the hairdo so that I can put a flower somewhere near the top/front:
                    Click the image to open in full size.
                    That sounds like that will be really nice! Cant wait to see pics
                    2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#80 BarefootBride

BarefootBride
                    • 1,266 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 12:11 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by twelve_piece
                      I was just scanning this thread and saw Gretchen got banned... wonder what happened
                      Whoa! Thats strange. I looked at her previous post and nothing seemed out of the ordinary. I wonder too. What do you do to get banned?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users