Melia Caribe Tropical: Q&A Related specifically to this hotel

• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic

#161 DarcyJAde

• 305 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Princess402
    Aww that's sad!
    I don't think it's cheesy at all... although I can see where he might get that idea from. It is very fairytale-like! But hello, it's our wedding day! It should be as fairytale-like as possible I say!!!
    If I end up getting married at the Melia, I'm SO getting the horse and carriage. Although my FI has also said that he thinks it's completely unnecessary and roled his eyes at me, lol.
    HAHA! MEN!!!
    If I really want it I will get it :)

#162 erinleigh

• 316 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 04:38 PM

Lori - I keep checking to see if you're back....I can't wait to hear about your wedding! And of course see pics!!

#163 eloping789

• 290 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 08:19 PM

Hi Erin! We got back Wednesday and the wedding was wonderful! I'm still working on getting all the pics uploaded and writing my review, but I promise it'll be soon. :-)

#164 erinleigh

• 316 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 09:47 PM

Ooooh Yeah! So glad to hear you are back and had a wonderful wedding!! Can't wait to hear all about it!

#165 mimosa123

• 153 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 03:07 PM

I was reading on the facebook group that the resort is now charging $1k if you bring an outside photographer. can someone confirm this?

#166 mimosa123

• 153 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 03:29 PM

Does anyone know how much the ceremony only at this place would be?
              are you able to do a la carte?

#167 Caribe

• Banned
              • 69 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 03:45 PM

that is correct !!The ridiculous thing I've heard !!but I had already Wedding s after this decision !there must only pay one room for my !! there are many angry Brides!!This showing only witch photo servis the Hotel has,This is ridiculous!!let's see how long they can make that .
                I think not for long !!!

#168 ikupoo

• 171 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 03:48 PM

That's insane!

#169 Caribe

• Banned
                  • 69 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 04:14 PM

such mail is nothing new !!This is ridiculous!!

I just received notice from Melia, that they will be charging an additional $1000 to use an outside vendor for photography. Because of this, I will no longer be able to use your services for our wedding. Please see information below:

Receive our warmest regards form Melia Caribe Tropical.
                    Please note that as of May 1st 2009 any photographer that decides to work with any of our guests and use our hotel venue and or premises for commercial Photographs will need to purchase a mandatory lease of copyright.

This right will be granted on a day to day basis and should be acquired Prior to the Photo shoot. Price for each copyright lease is granted @ US$ 1,000. Please note that this right will only be granted and should only be paid by photographers who wish to use our premises for income purposes.
                    If you have any confirmed weddings up until this date please forward these names to us in order to wave this amount as exceptions. For any new business after the receipt of this message, please take into account this price will be mandatory and take it into account before you present any price to Melia Caribe Tropical Guest

#170 lesandlynda

• 199 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 12:20 PM

Often, consequences of bad business decisions are not considered here......hopefully they'll notice the negative impact and adjust, but I wouldn't hold my breath.......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users