Can I disown my mother in law?
Posted 12 March 2008 - 10:32 PM
1. Right after we got engaged, she asked where we were getting married (we live in Chicago and they all live in DC). I told her that we were considering a destination wedding in Mexico or Vegas. She looked at me like I was nuts and said 'NO'. Thats it. Nothing more. Just no. I was like, okay thats not a good sign.
2. We FINALLY set our date and signed our contract at Dreams and were pretty excited. My FI called her to let her know the plans and instead of saying congrats and being happy, she immediately began listing all the people in the family that wouldn't be able to come... (a lot of these people we had already talked to and they told us they were coming so it was just a mean spirited bunch of lies she told)
3. It's too much money
4. It's too hot
5. There's nothing for grandparents to do
6. So and so can't get off of work/school
7. You're grandparents aren't coming
8. Tonight she called to say that it would be too hot to wear a suit in Cancun. My FI told her that it was a casual wedding and that not even the groomsmen were wearing suits, she freaked out! What?! No suits!? It's the end of the world!!
AAAAHHHHHHH....... I just want to smack her a few times!! We are seriously considering going and eloping. Sucks that it comes down to that but it's getting old really fast.
And yes, my FI attempted to talk to her and even wrote her a 3 page letter explaining that she was really upsetting us with all these negative phone calls and statements but it didn't help at all.
Thanks for letting me vent guys!!
Posted 12 March 2008 - 10:38 PM
Posted 12 March 2008 - 10:49 PM
I vented on this last night ....if you find my post...people gave me great advice. Good Luck!!
Posted 12 March 2008 - 10:51 PM
| Originally Posted by Kat81 |
Screw her!! It is none of her business. If she isn't going to support you and your decisions then stop listening to her. Have him tell her that until she has something nice and positive to say not to say anything at all. I know it sucks because she is supposed to be there for the two of you but enough is enough. It isn't about her!!! GRR that makes me sooo freakin' mad!! Hugs from Texas I hope she can shut her pie hole long enough for you two to have the wedding of your dreams!!
Posted 12 March 2008 - 11:15 PM
Posted 12 March 2008 - 11:19 PM
Posted 12 March 2008 - 11:32 PM
Posted 12 March 2008 - 11:45 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users