Photo

Traveling with Wedding Dress

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 BayBug

BayBug
  • 852 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 09:56 PM

How did you travel with your dress? Do you check it? Do you take it on as a carry-on? And if so will they hang it up for you? I will most likely be flying on TACA Airlines to Costa Rica and I am not sure what to do with my dress.
    Angie

#2 EDYTA

EDYTA
    • 1,277 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 10:06 PM

how big is ur dress? i know most airlines will put it in their cabin crew coat check...call ur airline ahead of time and ask them if that is possible...if the dress is light i say just pack it in ur carry on

#3 TammyB

TammyB
      • 10,630 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 11:20 AM

That's what I'm hoping for, there is no way in H*ll that I'm going to check my dress, I'm hoping the airlines will let us use their coat rack,, but if all else fails I'll put it in the over head and I'll just have to get it pressed in Cabo.

#4 EDYTA

EDYTA
        • 1,277 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 11:30 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by TAMMYM
          That's what I'm hoping for, there is no way in H*ll that I'm going to check my dress, I'm hoping the airlines will let us use their coat rack,, but if all else fails I'll put it in the over head and I'll just have to get it pressed in Cabo.
          Im guessing u will have to have it pressed no matter what Tammy, just from carrying it around and all it will get so rinkly...im sure the hotel ur staying at will do it for free for u

#5 destinationbride07

destinationbride07
          • 631 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 11:49 AM

I am not looking forward to carrying all my crap! I am already a heavy packer

HELP ME! lol lol I am going to try to pack light and enlist my mother to carry a bag of stuff....

#6 TammyB

TammyB
            • 10,630 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 12:03 PM

lol, Cain is actually worse then I' am with packing clothes.. lol...

I might just bring a steam iron with me to Cabo.

#7 JulieG

JulieG
              • VIP Member
              • 8,323 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 12:19 PM

I went to Punta Cana last year for a wedding I was in, at Sunscape the Beach, if anyone has any questions on that place I might be able to help. Anyway, when we walked on the plan with the dress bags, the flight attendants just took then and hung them up for us, we did not have to ask. So, I would not stress about it, there will be someone there to hang up your dress, they are used to this now and are eager to help out the bride and the wedding party. I did leave from Toronto, but I can't imagine its that different on other airlines.

The BM dresses we had did not need to be steamed, they were a chiffon material and did not wrinkle. The bride had her dress steamed for free. It worked out well for everyone involved. But, you will have to steam it for sure, no matter what.

#8 leigh miller

leigh miller
                • 936 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 12:20 PM

ive seen many a bride carrying their dress on the plane to the bahamas and mexico.

#9 REBECCA

REBECCA
                  • VIP Member
                  • 1,825 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 01:47 PM

I carried mine on. We flew Mexicana and they hung it up for us in First Class. I'm not going to lie, it was a pain lugging everything down there and going through all the cusatoms lines with luggage, my giant garment bag, etc. But I wasn't going to let that dress out of my sight!

Mariana (Dreams, Los Cabos) snatched it up for me as soon as we arrived and had it pressed. They did a great Job! The pressed my husband's suit too, n/c.

A little interesting fact:

We flew Mexicana on the way there and American on the way back. Well Mexiciana allows up to 70 lbs for checked luggage! My bag was over 60 lbs! But, American (an most other domestic Airlines only allow only 50 lbs limit for checked luggage. I assumed it was an "across the board" weight limit, but it is not. You may want to inquire with different airlines before you pack.
                    Rebecca
                    <center>

http://i54.photobuck....a/IMG_1294.jpg
                    Alexander & Juliette - Born 3/15/09</center>

#10 soon2bmrsbyers

soon2bmrsbyers
                    • 56 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 01:48 PM

I'm a flight attendant... If they don't put in the crew cabin because it doesnt fit...(I think Taca is a regional airline- Smaller planes) I just tell my pax to roll it lightly and stick it in the overheard, or under the seat...You have more control of how wrinkled it gets
                      http://img11.mytextg....cf932f433e.gifJune 2007RIU Palace Las Americas Cancun

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users