Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#8821 JHarris

JHarris
  • 236 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by RGWedding 

Beautiful pictures! Loved the tea ceremony.

Thank you!! Can you believe I bought a cast iron teapot? I was so worried a more delicate teapot would break either on the way there, during reception or coming back. I did have a little bridezilla moment. LOL.... I was upset for days that the teapot I really wanted was just too fragile for traveling. Even if I carried it on, it was made out of clay and had delicate hand made flowers, I didn't want to take that chance. So I stopped being a crybaby and made the practical choice. It turned out beautifully in pictures. 

Married My BestFriend at The Royal PDC ~ June 17, 2011~

#8822 JHarris

JHarris
    • 236 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:03 AM

Thanks Kelly!!

I got it from David's Bridal. They had some kind of promotional sale going and I was able to get it for a decent price. I love how it was light and fluttering in the breeze. 

In fact I'm planning on selling it if anyone is interested. I'll put details up once I get it cleaned for a new owner!!

LOL.... He generally doesn't like taking pics but being on vacation definitely helped to loosen him up. 

Our photographer was a ninja climbing all over the gazebo getting those inside shots. He was dueling with the video guy for prime real estate. 

If you're using an outside photographer and the resorts video service in your package, definitely keep that in mind. We told them he had main access for prime shots but I don't think it made a difference.

Originally Posted by kellygrrrl 

wow, j! thanks so much for sharing. I loved seeing the welcome dinner setup and your reception in the ballroom. and I LOVED your TTD. the dress was perfect, and you both looked like you were having so much fun. your husband is such a ham - that one of him winking cracked me up.

thanks so much for sharing! it's great to see all the details.

Married My BestFriend at The Royal PDC ~ June 17, 2011~

#8823 SweetLe

SweetLe
      • 97 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 11:42 PM

J. Harris awesome pictures! Everything was beautiful. Now, I'm anxious to get my pics back... and I guess I should get motivated and do my review.

June 24th, 2011- The day I marry my best friend...
        Royal Playa del Carmen
        20+ Bride and Groom and Counting!

#8824 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
        • Banned
        • 1,034 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 06:21 AM

JHarris,

wow...beautiful pics!

SweetLe,

me too! I should move my bum bum to finish my belated planning thread and the review..and I can't wait for the pics too!  I am stalking my photog's blog everyday, hoping to get a sneak peek!!

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#8825 Andrea434

Andrea434
          • 36 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 05:54 PM

I have a few questions for some of you gals that have recently been married at The Royal.  I have sent an email to Michelle but I know that you gals are just as much help :)

1.  Does the wedding coordinator have a rehearsal?  I think my fiance may have a small breakdown if we are not able to do this :)

2.  My MIL really wants to have a dinner the night before but my fiance and I are not real keen on that idea because we will be having our wedding dinner the next night and think it will be repetitive and an unneeded expense.  Does anyone have any suggestions or know what is the max number of people you can have in one of the restaurants and order off the menu.

3.  If anyone recommends any photographers in Playa that have a website we would love to check them out.  We are debating bringing one from here down or hiring someone there.

Thanks so much!

Andrea

March 23, 2012

The Royal Playa del Carmen

#8826 kellygrrrl

kellygrrrl
            • 614 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 06:55 PM

hi andrea - I haven't been married at the royal yet, but I've stayed there twice. I think I've seen most of your answers on here before:

1. no, but you can do one on your own

2. 8, but someone who reviewed the royal recently said they were able to get three tables of 8 near each other at one of the restaurants

3. check this site under vendors, but Del Sol and Elizabeth Medina are the top two, followed by the others (including my next fav, La Luna, Del Sol's sister studio with lower rates), Ivan Luckie, Blue Lens, Claudia Rodriguez, etc etc. it all comes down to what you like, but the most prominent studios are listed under vendors. I chose a local photog because I wanted someone familiar with the resort and outdoor shooting to do the wedding.

Originally Posted by Andrea434 

I have a few questions for some of you gals that have recently been married at The Royal.  I have sent an email to Michelle but I know that you gals are just as much help :)

1.  Does the wedding coordinator have a rehearsal?  I think my fiance may have a small breakdown if we are not able to do this :)

2.  My MIL really wants to have a dinner the night before but my fiance and I are not real keen on that idea because we will be having our wedding dinner the next night and think it will be repetitive and an unneeded expense.  Does anyone have any suggestions or know what is the max number of people you can have in one of the restaurants and order off the menu.

3.  If anyone recommends any photographers in Playa that have a website we would love to check them out.  We are debating bringing one from here down or hiring someone there.

Thanks so much!

Andrea

March 23, 2012

#8827 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
              • Banned
              • 1,034 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 11:16 PM

Andrea,

1) no, but your WC will go thru all the details and tuck the men in their spot on your big day, tell the BMs when they need walk out, then the bride.  I didn't do any rehearsal nor read my ceremony script before ( I just told Zulma, my WC, that I want it short and sweet and zero reference to any religion or religious stuffs)

2) We ate at Maria Marie and Asiana, they were able to pull 3 tables of 6-8 together in the same area, so everyone ate together at the same time and everyone picked their own plate instead of a set menu.  You are right on this one, it is an useless expense if you have a small group like 20 ish or below.  If you have a group of 40+ with tons of guests not staying at the Royal, then..maybe it is another story.

3) it depends on your preferences, a local photog knows all the nice spots for TTD and has good local knowledge about the location/weather/light...etc.  I hired Sascha Gluck for my wedding day and TTD and brought my friend who is an indie movie director as my videotog, it turned out great! If you bring one from home who is eager to build his/her folio, then you get more pics, and pics thru out your entire stay...plus you can save on the external vendor fees.  Your big day will go by like a flash, and you won't be able to remember all the tiny details around you, so please invest on a good photog and videographer or else...you will kick yourself after the big day.

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#8828 chelseacarp

chelseacarp
                • 14 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 09:11 AM

1.  No rehearsal.  I was worried about this at first, but it all went smoothly.  The wedding coordinator is really good at what she does.

2.  We did Asiana and Maria Marie for our two dinners.  We had 24-36 guests at each dinner and the staff at the restaurants were able to help arrange tables of 8.  I just grabbed a couple of friends to also reserve tables.

3. We used Derek Campbell from Photos in Cancun and could not be more pleased.  His photography fit in our budget and we were satisfied with the overall quality of the pictures.  He also gives you the CD originals at the end of the night.  We are actually going back in October and will have him to a cenote/trash the dress session.  

Originally Posted by Andrea434 

Thanks so much!

Andrea

March 23, 2012

#8829 chelseacarp

chelseacarp
                  • 14 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 11:58 AM

Here is the link to my photo book I made with the photographer's photos

http://share.shutter...=0IZsmTJm5asn3w

#8830 kellygrrrl

kellygrrrl
                    • 614 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 12:22 PM

hey chelsea - I really like your photos! the book is awesome. : )

Originally Posted by chelseacarp 

Here is the link to my photo book I made with the photographer's photos

http://share.shutter...=0IZsmTJm5asn3w

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users