hi andrea - I haven't been married at the royal yet, but I've stayed there twice. I think I've seen most of your answers on here before:
1. no, but you can do one on your own
2. 8, but someone who reviewed the royal recently said they were able to get three tables of 8 near each other at one of the restaurants
3. check this site under vendors, but Del Sol and Elizabeth Medina are the top two, followed by the others (including my next fav, La Luna, Del Sol's sister studio with lower rates), Ivan Luckie, Blue Lens, Claudia Rodriguez, etc etc. it all comes down to what you like, but the most prominent studios are listed under vendors. I chose a local photog because I wanted someone familiar with the resort and outdoor shooting to do the wedding.
Originally Posted by Andrea434
I have a few questions for some of you gals that have recently been married at The Royal. I have sent an email to Michelle but I know that you gals are just as much help
1. Does the wedding coordinator have a rehearsal? I think my fiance may have a small breakdown if we are not able to do this
2. My MIL really wants to have a dinner the night before but my fiance and I are not real keen on that idea because we will be having our wedding dinner the next night and think it will be repetitive and an unneeded expense. Does anyone have any suggestions or know what is the max number of people you can have in one of the restaurants and order off the menu.
3. If anyone recommends any photographers in Playa that have a website we would love to check them out. We are debating bringing one from here down or hiring someone there.
Thanks so much!
March 23, 2012
The Royal Playa del Carmen