Jump to content

Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions


  • Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#7481 jesmcan

jesmcan
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,091 posts

    Posted 18 November 2010 - 07:37 AM

    I have had my passport for years lol ohh I gotcha I don't know when I called them to ask about the name change they said if you do it with in three months of getting married its free but after that I would have to be $100. I needed to do it for our honeymoon in May anyways so I figured I better just get it over with lol.
     

    Originally Posted by msglave 


    Jess, how long have you had your passport? When I checked the website, it said they they will do it for free if you have had your passport for less than a year.  However, if you have had your passport more than a year, you must pay the renewal fee to get a name change.

     

    Debbie and Pigpig, they are even nicer in person.
     

    Lisa, I'm sorry to hear about your bridesmaid. Maybe you can give her the pieces for her birthday or for Christmas?


    Also ladies I just went to look at rates to book our anniversary trip for next year. The rates are only out until October and they are almost double what we paid!! Is this possible??? Has anyone else seen this or is just because those dates are so far out?


    The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

    #7482 kellygrrrl

    kellygrrrl
    • Member
    • 614 posts

      Posted 18 November 2010 - 08:58 AM


      yea, I saw this because I'm planning to book May 2012 and rates are $450/night. they run specials in the fall for cheaper spring rates - like right now (or just last week), they were offering 30% off in May 2011. so maybe about 6 months prior they'll start discounting. right now, you're just seeing rack rates but maybe if you check back in mar - apr they'll be lower. otherwise, you could always book with the orbitz trip assurance where they'll match lower rates. but be careful, because I heard that people booking on third-party sites are usually the first to be bumped when the resort is full.
       


      Also ladies I just went to look at rates to book our anniversary trip for next year. The rates are only out until October and they are almost double what we paid!! Is this possible??? Has anyone else seen this or is just because those dates are so far out?





      #7483 Mrs.G2B

      Mrs.G2B
      • Newbie
      • 24 posts

        Posted 18 November 2010 - 10:01 AM

        Sorry to her about your bridesmaid, at least you have one :) Im sure she didnt want to NOT go, I mean who would want to miss out on such an amazing event!

         

        Your work is awesome, that is so Sweet, Im sure your even more excited NOW! hee hee

         

        Originally Posted by Lisa DSO 

        I leave in 5 days and one of my bridesmaids just backed out. So I have one bridesmaid now... O_o. I'm completely understanding of the situation, but 5 days is a little close. She feels really bad, but what can you do. I bought her bridesmaid dress and personalized all the gifts with her name- what do I do with that? Well, she has the dress because it was sent to her city.  Oh well, I will at least have one friend there lol (my now one bridesmaid) Okay, vent over.

         

        On a good note, today at my team meeting, my manager was showing a powerpoint presentation and then the next slide had a pic of me and FI with "Welcome to Lisa's Wedding Shower" and they rolled in a cart of presents, food, and cake (and FI) lol ....was so cute and sweet :-)





        #7484 Lisa DSO

        Lisa DSO
        • Member
        • 712 posts

          Posted 18 November 2010 - 11:04 AM


           

          Originally Posted by Mrs.G2B 

          Sorry to her about your bridesmaid, at least you have one :) Im sure she didnt want to NOT go, I mean who would want to miss out on such an amazing event!

           

          Your work is awesome, that is so Sweet, Im sure your even more excited NOW! hee hee

           

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Lisa DSO 

          I leave in 5 days and one of my bridesmaids just backed out. So I have one bridesmaid now... O_o. I'm completely understanding of the situation, but 5 days is a little close. She feels really bad, but what can you do. I bought her bridesmaid dress and personalized all the gifts with her name- what do I do with that? Well, she has the dress because it was sent to her city.  Oh well, I will at least have one friend there lol (my now one bridesmaid) Okay, vent over.

           

          On a good note, today at my team meeting, my manager was showing a powerpoint presentation and then the next slide had a pic of me and FI with "Welcome to Lisa's Wedding Shower" and they rolled in a cart of presents, food, and cake (and FI) lol ....was so cute and sweet :-)


           

           

          Thanks, yeah I know she wanted to be there, and I understand. Yes, soo sweet of my team, i love them!
           



          #7485 ChicagoBride2011

          ChicagoBride2011
          • Jr. Member
          • 277 posts

            Posted 18 November 2010 - 11:10 AM



            Originally Posted by jesmcan 

            I have had my passport for years lol ohh I gotcha I don't know when I called them to ask about the name change they said if you do it with in three months of getting married its free but after that I would have to be $100. I needed to do it for our honeymoon in May anyways so I figured I better just get it over with lol.
             

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by msglave 


            Jess, how long have you had your passport? When I checked the website, it said they they will do it for free if you have had your passport for less than a year.  However, if you have had your passport more than a year, you must pay the renewal fee to get a name change.

             

            Debbie and Pigpig, they are even nicer in person.
             

            Lisa, I'm sorry to hear about your bridesmaid. Maybe you can give her the pieces for her birthday or for Christmas?


            Also ladies I just went to look at rates to book our anniversary trip for next year. The rates are only out until October and they are almost double what we paid!! Is this possible??? Has anyone else seen this or is just because those dates are so far out?

             

            Jess with the rates I noticed that they usually have a 30% off sale about 9 months out.

             

            When we went for our site visit in April we paid about $330 (for the lowest room category, 2 people).  My wedding is May 1 and rack rates were originally around $450 then dropped to around $300 (2 people in room) and is now up to about $350.  Most people booked when it was down to $300, we haven't seen it lower than that for our time of year. 

             


            Had the most AMAZING wedding at The Royal PDC on May 1, 2011


            #7486 Jenny310

            Jenny310
            • Jr. Member
            • 245 posts

              Posted 18 November 2010 - 11:17 AM



              Thanks Natalie!!

              Originally Posted by Natalie79 



              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Jenny310 

              Recent brides - What time did the sun really start to set when you were in PDC?



              Hi Jenny!  The sunset time online was pretty accurate.  My ceremony started at 5 and the sun was supposed to set at 6:15, which it pretty much did...The light started going away a little probably around 5:30, it was pretty dark by 6:30.





              #7487 jesmcan

              jesmcan
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,091 posts

                Posted 18 November 2010 - 11:24 AM

                Thanks girls!! phewww I got worried there - but that sounds about right because when we all booked in February we paid $1350 with flight for the week for those in the standard Jr Suite. I will check back again than :)


                The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

                #7488 Lisa DSO

                Lisa DSO
                • Member
                • 712 posts

                  Posted 18 November 2010 - 12:58 PM

                  Hey Jenny, have you been contacted by your WC in Mexico? I heard from Zulma once to introduce herself, but she hasn't replied to any messages

                  Attached Files



                  #7489 kellygrrrl

                  kellygrrrl
                  • Member
                  • 614 posts

                    Posted 18 November 2010 - 01:17 PM


                    $1350 with flight for a WEEK?! how did you get such a great deal?? did you have a travel agent??
                     

                    Originally Posted by jesmcan 

                    Thanks girls!! phewww I got worried there - but that sounds about right because when we all booked in February we paid $1350 with flight for the week for those in the standard Jr Suite. I will check back again than :)





                    #7490 randi.renstrom

                    randi.renstrom
                    • Newbie
                    • 70 posts

                      Posted 18 November 2010 - 03:49 PM

                      kerri!!! i honestly thought about asking you if you were on this board....but if you weren't i would have sounded like a huge nerd....and my fiance was being a big enough nerd as it was :)

                       

                      i'm hoping to get my review up for people tonight. but honestly all i can say is if you are worrying - stop and relax and just remember there is no need to worry :)

                       

                      ps - there is already a group of people talking about going back to celebrate our 1 yr.....and they are bring the idea to US. so trust me, your guests will love it!




                      Back to Destination Wedding in Riviera Maya, Cancun & surrounding areas


                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users