Jump to content

Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions


  • Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#7111 bride2bdebbie

bride2bdebbie
  • Newbie
  • 113 posts

    Posted 27 October 2010 - 05:53 PM

    Hello past brides,

     

    I was hoping someone could give me some help me. We just booked our date and requested a gazebo ceremony with coctail hour right beside the gazebo then a beach reception.

     

    My WC Claudy asked which beach I wanted, she said they have one area right by the gazebo or another location "Pelacanos".

     

    I have no idea as I haven't seen either location. Just wondering if one is better than the other.

     

    Any thoughts? or even better any pics?


    Debbie & Mark were married at The Royal Playa Del Carmen ~ 20.11.2011

    #7112 msglave

    msglave
    • Member
    • 933 posts

      Posted 27 October 2010 - 10:09 PM

      Although I didn't do a site visit, I was told that the gazebo has a nice beach but the Pelicano's beach was larger. If you are expecting a larger party, this may be the spot for you!


      The Royal Playa del Carmen 12.11.10 / 46 people + bride & groom attended!!!!!
      Our keycard holders w/ template & pics
      www.jadicaandraveyn.com

      #7113 giraffexx

      giraffexx
      • Jr. Member
      • 498 posts

        Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:59 AM



        Originally Posted by jesmcan 

        Lisa - You just go to your bank and wire money over to El Bistro's account, I had to do that with all my vendors. There was a $12 fee at my bank.

         

        Bmlynch and Kerri, Randi and Giraffexx we are all leaving soon!!!! I can't believe it I hope we all have amazing weather and great weddings!



        yay!! so excited for all of us. November is just a few days away! I don't know about you ladies but I can't sit still I am so excited :)



        #7114 jesmcan

        jesmcan
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,091 posts

          Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:44 AM

          I know me to!! I can't focus at work and I have so much to do still. I am planning to get it all done this weekend. I am picking up my dress on Saturday! I can't believe the time is already here.
           

          Originally Posted by giraffexx 





          yay!! so excited for all of us. November is just a few days away! I don't know about you ladies but I can't sit still I am so excited :)




          The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

          #7115 Bride2B22

          Bride2B22
          • Member
          • 677 posts

            Posted 28 October 2010 - 05:02 AM

            Jess! i can't believe you leave in a week!!! wooohooo! so excited for you! and all the other ladies leaving soon! HA i can't wait until next saturday so i can read your planning thread!! lol



            #7116 JHarris

            JHarris
            • Jr. Member
            • 236 posts

              Posted 28 October 2010 - 05:57 AM

              Is anyone adding decorations to the gazebo itself? I really like how the chinese paper laterns look!

               

              Congrats to all the upcoming November brides!! I can't believe your time is already here!! What happened to summer?!

               

              Jes- I have my fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly and you have the best time there!!!

               


              Married My BestFriend at The Royal PDC ~ June 17, 2011~


              #7117 jesmcan

              jesmcan
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,091 posts

                Posted 28 October 2010 - 07:05 AM


                I know!!! I have been working like crazy on my planning thread :) its going to be veryyyyyy long and full of pics just so you guys know. I will drop you a note as soon as it is up  on here :)

                 

                I cant wait to show you guys my budoir pics - any ladies who are debating whether to do it or not do it! trust me you will have no regrets

                Originally Posted by Bride2B22 

                Jess! i can't believe you leave in a week!!! wooohooo! so excited for you! and all the other ladies leaving soon! HA i can't wait until next saturday so i can read your planning thread!! lol



                Thank you so much JHarris I am praying to :)


                The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

                #7118 Lisa DSO

                Lisa DSO
                • Member
                • 712 posts

                  Posted 28 October 2010 - 07:09 AM



                  Originally Posted by jesmcan 

                  Lisa - You just go to your bank and wire money over to El Bistro's account, I had to do that with all my vendors. There was a $12 fee at my bank.

                   

                  Bmlynch and Kerri, Randi and Giraffexx we are all leaving soon!!!! I can't believe it I hope we all have amazing weather and great weddings!

                  Thanks!



                   

                  Originally Posted by kshows03 

                  Did anyone do Parasols for their wedding?  Besides Luna Bizzar, does anyone know of a good website to get them?  I have read that Hobby Lobby has them, but I went and I guess they are out of season.  Booo....

                   


                  I bought to hand painted ones from Etsy that I will be using


                   

                  Originally Posted by JHarris 

                  Is anyone adding decorations to the gazebo itself? I really like how the chinese paper laterns look!

                   

                  Congrats to all the upcoming November brides!! I can't believe your time is already here!! What happened to summer?!

                   

                  Jes- I have my fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly and you have the best time there!!!

                   



                   I'm debating this too :-)

                   



                  #7119 Lisa DSO

                  Lisa DSO
                  • Member
                  • 712 posts

                    Posted 28 October 2010 - 07:12 AM

                    Ladies, I dont know what I am doing to myself, but obviously I have some stress. I got my first ever cold sore (eww yuck!)- derm says brought on by stress (for most it lies dormant and never surfaces)...that was two weeks ago.

                     

                    today, i am COVERED in hives (red welts all over)....the back of my head is so swollen i couldnt tilt my head back to rinse my hair...its even on my eyelids!! I have a doc appt in an hour, but jeez the intensity of the itching/pain is so much that i couldnt sleep or relax all night

                     

                    <end venting>

                     

                    arrrrgh!



                    #7120 Bride2B22

                    Bride2B22
                    • Member
                    • 677 posts

                      Posted 28 October 2010 - 07:40 AM

                      OMG Lisa thank god this did not happen right before the wedding! i wish you luck with that!

                       

                      Jess- who did you do your Boudior session with?? i am planning on doing mine next feb-march with this photographer from NYC!! i can't wait to see your pics!






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users