Jump to content

Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions


  • Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#6831 ChicagoBride2011

ChicagoBride2011
  • Jr. Member
  • 277 posts

    Posted 17 October 2010 - 10:26 AM

    Jess- I know we are totally bummed. We LOVE La Tortuga and were super excited about having a welcome party there. 
     

     

     

    Risa- My wedding is May 1, we sent the save the dates out June and have 36 people booked so far, and expecting 50-60.  There was a really great discount if they booked prior to October so we really encouraged the people close to us to book before then.  Most of the people booked are from his side, so I'm a little dissappointed but I have to remember that it's about us and nobody else.  I wouldn't worry about it...most people probably think it's too far away to book and plan on booking last minute!


    Had the most AMAZING wedding at The Royal PDC on May 1, 2011


    #6832 RunningBride24

    RunningBride24
    • Member
    • 539 posts

      Posted 17 October 2010 - 11:23 AM

      Hey ladies!! I still have to post my planning thread, lol, but I just want to tell you, The Royal is PERFECT. It was BETTER than I expected. I loved EVERYTHING. OMG. Now I understand how different it is once you go there as opposed to those of you who haven't been there yet. I'll post a review, but feel free to question bomb me. It was all of you who helped me.

       


      ~The future Mrs. Thompson~10*10*10

      #6833 JoZee84

      JoZee84
      • Jr. Member
      • 157 posts

        Posted 17 October 2010 - 11:47 AM

        I'm booked for June and just told my really close family and bridal party about it and gave them my TA's info I think maybe one booked so far.  I didn't send out save the dates. But I wouldn't worry about it yet its WAY early, don't be surprised if people don't even book till like April.  Some people just wait till last min.  Kinda suckie!
         

        Originally Posted by risa1818 

        Ok so this may seem like a dumb question, but I assumed that the private wedding reception that is part of the luxury package includes open bar...? Is that correct or incorrect? I assumed that it would since the entire resort is all inclusive!

         

        Also, any of you June early summer brides...how many people do you  have booked so far? I was kinda bummed the other day because I sent out the save the dates a few weeks ago and so far we only have 2 couples booked. I thought more people would be booking sooner, especially since I let them know when the rates go up . I know it's early, but I just figured they would want to book sooner than later, especially since our TA only requires a $150 deposit down to book.

         

        Any other ladies having any issues with this?





        #6834 JoZee84

        JoZee84
        • Jr. Member
        • 157 posts

          Posted 17 October 2010 - 11:53 AM

          Ok ladies, about the El Bistro at La Tortuga.  I have been in contact with them for over a month and never did they mention that I had to be a hotel guest to have a party there.  I actually told them I was getting married and staying at the Royal and they didn't say I couldn't have a private party there. 

          Janna I asked about having it downstairs and they said its not really private.  and you still have to pay the $250 fee cause its a "private" party. 

          So we're doing the roof top and having it like a cocktail party with open bar.  So far everything has been great.  I think someone else is having their rehersal// welcome party there also. I'll have to look back and check out who.



          #6835 JoZee84

          JoZee84
          • Jr. Member
          • 157 posts

            Posted 17 October 2010 - 11:54 AM

            runningbride , welcome back! Glad to hear it was awesome, can't wait to read your review and planning thread!



            #6836 ChicagoBride2011

            ChicagoBride2011
            • Jr. Member
            • 277 posts

              Posted 17 October 2010 - 12:22 PM



              Originally Posted by JoZee84 

              Ok ladies, about the El Bistro at La Tortuga.  I have been in contact with them for over a month and never did they mention that I had to be a hotel guest to have a party there.  I actually told them I was getting married and staying at the Royal and they didn't say I couldn't have a private party there. 

              Janna I asked about having it downstairs and they said its not really private.  and you still have to pay the $250 fee cause its a "private" party. 

              So we're doing the roof top and having it like a cocktail party with open bar.  So far everything has been great.  I think someone else is having their rehersal// welcome party there also. I'll have to look back and check out who.



              This is strange, I emailed them on 10/7 explained to them my wedding is at The Royal and I'd like to do a welcome party on their rooftop and this is the response I got:

               

              I am sorry,  we only host events for guests at the property, if you could  book a number of  rooms for the wedding, I will get back to you with room rates and the wedding coordinator with details for the event.

               


              Had the most AMAZING wedding at The Royal PDC on May 1, 2011


              #6837 JHarris

              JHarris
              • Jr. Member
              • 236 posts

                Posted 17 October 2010 - 02:41 PM



                Originally Posted by risa1818 

                Ok so this may seem like a dumb question, but I assumed that the private wedding reception that is part of the luxury package includes open bar...? Is that correct or incorrect? I assumed that it would since the entire resort is all inclusive!

                 

                Also, any of you June early summer brides...how many people do you  have booked so far? I was kinda bummed the other day because I sent out the save the dates a few weeks ago and so far we only have 2 couples booked. I thought more people would be booking sooner, especially since I let them know when the rates go up . I know it's early, but I just figured they would want to book sooner than later, especially since our TA only requires a $150 deposit down to book.

                 

                Any other ladies having any issues with this?


                Hey Risa - June 17th for me. I have 11 rooms booked right now. We decided to do group rates for the rooms since they had that early booking special before October. I really pushed as many people as I could to get booked for their deposits bc it meant securing that rate for everyone that books after my 11 rooms were filled. I had 30 days to book my min and literally made it with one day left. LOL.... needless to say I was stressed those few days before the deadline. We have a TA and she's handling all the bookings. I sent out my save the dates in September - will have to send out another notification due to date change - just a day later and will send out formal invites in December. We are discouraging our guests from booking through expedia and other discount sites bc we've heard too many stories from other people how those people get bumped over guests that book directly through the resort or TA. You're getting married on that Sunday before me and we have 3 weddings and a country music concert scheduled as of right now. So it's going to get crowded very quickly and could possibly sell out. We didn't want to take any chances for our guests.  

                I do agree that the majority will book closer bc they think they have plenty of time. I've been trying to scare my guests by telling them if they sell out on the adult side - you'll be forced to stay on the family side since we have so many events that week. LOL.... 


                Married My BestFriend at The Royal PDC ~ June 17, 2011~


                #6838 JHarris

                JHarris
                • Jr. Member
                • 236 posts

                  Posted 17 October 2010 - 02:42 PM

                  RunningBride!! WELCOME BACK!! So glad to hear it was amazing and worth it. YAY!!! Can't wait to read your review. =)

                   

                  How was Maria Marie's for the rehearsal dinner? Were you able to make it a little bit more private?


                  Married My BestFriend at The Royal PDC ~ June 17, 2011~


                  #6839 jesmcan

                  jesmcan
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 1,091 posts

                    Posted 17 October 2010 - 03:01 PM

                    welcome back Nikki!!!!

                     

                    ChicagoBride - It sounds to me like they think you want to have your wedding there. I would write back and say you are only looking to do a cocktail party for x amount of guests with passed hors douvres and open bar for a few hours. Which e-mail did you contact by the way?

                     

                    If not try emailing laura@hotellatortuga.com. Let her know that you k now of past brides who were able to do just a welcome dinner without having guests there and you were wondering if there was anything she can do. You can tell her you spoke with me. keep us posted.


                    The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

                    #6840 ChicagoBride2011

                    ChicagoBride2011
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 277 posts

                      Posted 17 October 2010 - 03:29 PM



                      Originally Posted by jesmcan 

                      welcome back Nikki!!!!

                       

                      ChicagoBride - It sounds to me like they think you want to have your wedding there. I would write back and say you are only looking to do a cocktail party for x amount of guests with passed hors douvres and open bar for a few hours. Which e-mail did you contact by the way?

                       

                      If not try emailing laura@hotellatortuga.com. Let her know that you k now of past brides who were able to do just a welcome dinner without having guests there and you were wondering if there was anything she can do. You can tell her you spoke with me. keep us posted.


                      Thanks so much Jess.  In my original email to them I told them my wedding is at The Royal and looking to do a welcome party for approx 50 guests and asked for food/beverage prices.   

                       

                      I'm going to try this email and see what happens.  I used  info@hotellatortuga.com and received a response from Maribel the first time.

                       

                      Thanks for your help, wish me luck! :)

                       


                      Had the most AMAZING wedding at The Royal PDC on May 1, 2011





                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users