Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#5501 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
  • Banned
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 09:49 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dejacque
    I would like to do a "Welcome to Mexico" informal cocktail hour the first night that all of my guests are there. Do any of you have suggestions of what bars/areas at the resorts would be good for this? I'm trying to keep this night cheap, so I don't want to go off of the resort.
    The lobby bar or the tequila bar are great place to hangout...depending on the side of your group. If u wanna an ICY cold environment with finger food and pool tables...the 24H snack bar is also a great blace to hangout, they also have a balcony for people who wants to get some heat!

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#5502 FutureMrsYak

FutureMrsYak
    • 372 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 09:59 PM

The lobby bar is a great idea. Some of my guests are stay at Real so I would like to do a Welcome Night, the night before at Real. Can anyone give me any insight of the lobby bar at Real? Is it nice? We plan to only have about 30 guests...

#5503 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
      • Banned
      • 1,034 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 10:10 PM

OK girls...I think there are so many reviews on the Royal RDC menu before this one...
        so I guess this one will be just a refresher of the previous ones.
        Of course, everyone's taste is different, and sometimes, the chef's performance can vary from day to day, ingredients' freshness can also vary.

Brief description of me and my FI: I am a 30 yrs old, born in Hong Kong, raised in Hong Kong and Montreal. Both cities are home of many Micheline stars restos and gourmet restos, and my dad is a chef and was the head chef of a 5 stars hotel in Hong Kong. I was fed with resto food since I was a kid (my mom can't cook), thus I am extremely picky with food.
        My FI is born in Montreal, raised in Belgium. Not so picky with food compared to me, but very picky with sweets.

Salads:
        Alexandria sala with duck breast, watercress and aioli: taste OK, but duck was very greasy and the skin wasn't crispy. It is not like duck confit neither.
        Click the image to open in full size.
        Livornese salad with smoked salmon & capers: very tasty salmon, but I can eat that every lunch. The tomato part was very tasty and well balanced. GREAT for people who doesn't eat smoked salmon every week.
        Royal Seafood salad perfumed with peach and plum oil: didn't taste any peach or plum. it was more like a curry mixed with seafood. very light texture and seafood was very fresh. Highly recommended for someone who like curry or wants smth different.

Bonnie

#5504 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
        • Banned
        • 1,034 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 10:25 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by FutureMrsYak
          The lobby bar is a great idea. Some of my guests are stay at Real so I would like to do a Welcome Night, the night before at Real. Can anyone give me any insight of the lobby bar at Real? Is it nice? We plan to only have about 30 guests...
          The Gran Porto Real Lobby bar is much smaller, but it is nice. They have pool table at the lobby too! The Gaviotas next to the pool is a good place if you do it during day time.

Bonnie

#5505 Lady_Di

Lady_Di
          • 5,078 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:28 AM

Bonnie, great pics!!

We got our pro pictures back and I had to pick pictures for the slideshow. It was so hard to pick just 80 out of 1,200k pictures!!

Pictage - Diana and Rocky

Enjoy!

#5506 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
            • Banned
            • 1,034 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:07 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Lady_Di
              Bonnie, great pics!!

We got our pro pictures back and I had to pick pictures for the slideshow. It was so hard to pick just 80 out of 1,200k pictures!!

Enjoy!
              Lady Di,
              AWESOME PICS! LOVE the color and you look like a princess in them!

Bonnie

#5507 Lady_Di

Lady_Di
              • 5,078 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:21 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by prettypigpig
                Lady Di,
                AWESOME PICS! LOVE the color and you look like a princess in them!
                Aww, thank you!

#5508 kenlyn8984

kenlyn8984
                • 196 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:52 AM

Quote:
                  Bonnie, great pics!!

Enjoy!
                  gorgeous pics!!! you looked stunning! :))

#5509 rosieposie

rosieposie
                  • 649 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 12:51 PM

Quote:
                    Bonnie, great pics!!

Enjoy!
                    you looked absolutely gorgeous!
                    No wonder you had a hard time choosing, your photos turned out amazing!

#5510 RunningBride24

RunningBride24
                    • 539 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 01:24 PM

Quote:
                      Bonnie, great pics!!

Enjoy!
                      Wow, AMAZING!! THEY ARE GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS!!!
                      ~The future Mrs. Thompson~10*10*10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users