Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#261 tchuchuca

tchuchuca
  • 361 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 05:43 PM

Okay guys... Just out of curiousity what are you bringing with you (decor-wise)? The gazebo and arch are both beautiful, but I don't know what to bring to jazz it up a bit! Any ideas?

#262 tchuchuca

tchuchuca
    • 361 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 05:46 PM

Ha! I just realized that I seem to start all of my questions with "just out of curiousity..." I'm such a dork!

#263 Oscar_Ernie

Oscar_Ernie
      • 266 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 01:20 PM

So, I think I've seen this, but not 100% positive. We're really hoping for a beach ceremony, but do we have to have the white table? Are there important things that need a place to sit while we exchange our vows? I'm just not overly fond of the white table...blocks more of the view! lol

#264 aeroo

aeroo
        • 153 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 03:33 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Oscar_Ernie
          So, I think I've seen this, but not 100% positive. We're really hoping for a beach ceremony, but do we have to have the white table? Are there important things that need a place to sit while we exchange our vows? I'm just not overly fond of the white table...blocks more of the view! lol
          The table is where they put the flower centerpiece and where you sign the legal papers. We also put our rings on it before we did the ring exchange. Oh yea and I guess you would use that if you have a sand ceremony. If you don't want or need the table, just let the WC know before the ceremony and she'll make sure it's not there.

#265 dcheung1111

dcheung1111
          • 68 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 12:03 PM

Anyone here writing their own vows for the ceremony? We booked a minister for our wedding but was told by the WC that we could not change the order of ceremony. We have to use the religious vows from House of Prayer.

#266 Geminie

Geminie
            • 51 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 04:41 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by tchuchuca
              Okay guys... Just out of curiousity what are you bringing with you (decor-wise)? The gazebo and arch are both beautiful, but I don't know what to bring to jazz it up a bit! Any ideas?

Hey :)

I've been thinking a lot about that as well, and I found the perfect solution. I was thinking about stringing Martha Stewart paper flowers from the ceiling of the Royal's gazebo, and from the flowers sring 1-3 strings of swarovski crystals. I also wanted to string from fishing line a few larger swaroski crystals (the balls) ...

I found a lady on etsy.com (where you can find all sorts of incredible handmade stuff) sooo Julia will be making me silk flowers (instead of me using the paper ones) and stringing crystals from them. ( I don't want to get stuck fluffing them in mexico, and them not turning out..)

Here's a link: Etsy :: juliag1969 :: Victorian Floral Pomander Ball - Scented (mine will be red instead of pink)

this is what inspired my idea Etsy :: juliag1969 :: Belle of the Ball Necklace and this: Museum of Happiness: Tissue Paper Flowers

and for the posts of the royal, I like this: Elizabeth Medina Photography Blog Archive Lysiane and Francisco, Gazebo Wedding at the Royal Resort and Spa, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Elizabeth Medina has a whole section on the royal, just check out the archives on her blog...
              "I have known you all my life
              In fact I knew you long before
              A hundred years or so of you
              And all I want from you is more
              Sometimes I don't know who you areSometimes I don't know why you stayAll I know is when I called, you cameI have known you by one hundred names...
              "My new photography site:htt...

#267 Shay2679

Shay2679
              • 493 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 07:20 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by dcheung1111
                Anyone here writing their own vows for the ceremony? We booked a minister for our wedding but was told by the WC that we could not change the order of ceremony. We have to use the religious vows from House of Prayer.
                From what I understand, if you are having a legal/civil ceremony in Mexico, then you do have to follow the ministers vows.

However, because my FI and I are having a symbolic/non-denominational ceremony, the minister will allow us to implement our own vows, sand/hand ceremony or whatever...along with the traditional vows (if we want).

HTH.

#268 Shay2679

Shay2679
                • 493 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 07:24 PM

Quote:
                  As far as decorations...the only thing I am bringing is some tiger paw shells, one of which is going to be our ring holder, and our sand ceremony accessories! I'm allowing the hotel to provide us with everything else...we're certainly paying enough as it is, and from what I understand...the basics are pretty darn nice!

I'm paying for the Chuppa for the beach ceremony, and included in our price is the decorations/flowers. I am also purchasing additional petals for the aisle. There are only 10 of us in our group, so the reception, will have the basic decorations, along with a few favors we have for the guests (Maraccas, bubbles, and cigars!) Other than that, we're saving all the decorating for the AHR when we get back! Other than that, I trust that what they provide in the package, will suffice!

#269 tchuchuca

tchuchuca
                  • 361 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 10:47 AM

As far as for vows, we too are doing a symbolic ceremony, we have written our own and are doing the sand/hand ceremony...

Shay, can I ask how much they're charging you for the decorated chuppa and if they sent you any pics? I have a feeling that I'm wanting the same thing that you're doing!

Geminie, I was thinking about the hanging crystals too! They could pick up a little of the sunlight & just look BEAUTIFUL in pics! I've got a while until we go to PDC, so I'm thinking that maybe some X-mas decorations will have strings of crystals- gonna wait until then- I'm a cheapskate!!!

#270 Geminie

Geminie
                    • 51 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 11:01 AM

Quote:
                      As far as for vows, we too are doing a symbolic ceremony, we have written our own and are doing the sand/hand ceremony...

Shay, can I ask how much they're charging you for the decorated chuppa and if they sent you any pics? I have a feeling that I'm wanting the same thing that you're doing!

Geminie, I was thinking about the hanging crystals too! They could pick up a little of the sunlight & just look BEAUTIFUL in pics! I've got a while until we go to PDC, so I'm thinking that maybe some X-mas decorations will have strings of crystals- gonna wait until then- I'm a cheapskate!!!
                      You could also try and find an old chandelier with real crystals (from a flea market or second shop store) and take the crystals and re-string them for your decor.... I'm keeping my eyes open for one around my area :)
                      "I have known you all my life
                      In fact I knew you long before
                      A hundred years or so of you
                      And all I want from you is more
                      Sometimes I don't know who you areSometimes I don't know why you stayAll I know is when I called, you cameI have known you by one hundred names...
                      "My new photography site:htt...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users