Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#1431 aerazo

aerazo
  • 109 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 12:21 AM

Hi Cyndi,

My wedding is in April 23, 2010 so i have no pictures yet, but I have seen his work on his website and blog and his pictures are incredible! He is also very professional and is part of the WPJA, a professional organization of talented wedding photojournalists that have to be invited to join, so not just anyone can be a a member. He has even won a few awards for some of his pictures, i think he is really talented and i love his candid documentary style. Its exactly what I'm looking for! I'm doing the soulful package which is 8 hours, a wedding book, and even an extra photo shoot included. We still haven't decided what extra photo shoot to do though, either the engagement session, trash the dress or the rehearsal dinner. I'd recomend him or at least reach out to him.
    l
    Hope this info helps, let me know if you have any more questions!

Thanks,
    Adriana Erazo
    Adriana
    Royal Playa del Carmen
    April 23, 2010

#1432 jesmcan

jesmcan
    • 1,091 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 11:40 AM

Question for all the brides who had or are planning on having their reception on the beach at The Royal. Did you guys rock heels or flip flops/barefoot? Has anyone considered foot jewlery?

I am a pump and heels girl because I am only 5'3 but fear I woud fall or sink into the sand. I would love to know if anyone wore heels?
      The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

#1433 cinny726

cinny726
      • 55 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 08:44 PM

Adrianna,

THanks for the advice I have been driving myself crazy looking at photog. reviews..lol

CYndi
        C+J=LOVE

#1434 jesmcan

jesmcan
        • 1,091 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 09:44 PM

Hi Cyndi,

I am also using Samuel Luna :) I don't have proof of his photos yet because our wedding is not till 2010. But Samuel has been the most responsive and offers the best prices I feel. He always gets right back to me and that has really put any worries I had at ease. I hope you find the same experience to.

#1435 Maybride2009

Maybride2009
          • 408 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 12:18 AM

Hi Ladies,
            Just back from our amazing wedding at The Royal. The resort is second to none and my guests all loved it!

I will post a review shortly...hopefully I will have some guest pics soon!
            xo
            Michelle

#1436 jesmcan

jesmcan
            • 1,091 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 06:29 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Maybride2009
              Hi Ladies,
              Just back from our amazing wedding at The Royal. The resort is second to none and my guests all loved it!

I will post a review shortly...hopefully I will have some guest pics soon!
              xo
              Michelle
              Hi May Bride,

Congrats! So happy to hear that everything went well I can't wait to read your review and see pitures :)

#1437 ~Stephanie~

~Stephanie~
              • 3,347 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 12:34 PM

Maybride! Yay you are back!!!! I have oodles of questions for you! Can't wait to see pictures and read your review!!!!
                ~Stephanie

Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

#1438 aerazo

aerazo
                • 109 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 01:33 PM

Does Anyone body know how the Royal sets up for the Cocktail hour on the beach? Our cocktail and reception are both on the beach - I have seen the set up for the reception, with the round tables, etc. But i wanted to know if they set anything up during the cocktail hour since its in the same beach area as the reception? like high cocktail tables for our guests to put their drinks on, etc?

Or if they do no set up for the cocktail hour and just expect people to stand around or sit down at one of the round tables that is there for the reception...

Thanks!
                  Adriana
                  Adriana
                  Royal Playa del Carmen
                  April 23, 2010

#1439 cinny726

cinny726
                  • 55 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 03:50 PM

Thanks Jesmcan! I am also considering Claudia Rodriguez. Her prices are better, but I really like Samules quick response to my e-mails. I love both of their work. Now it is just making a decision.

Cyndi
                    C+J=LOVE

#1440 aerazo

aerazo
                    • 109 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 04:49 PM

I think the one thing that helped with my decision for my photographer, is the amount of hours i wanted - 8 hours - came with an extra photo shoot that was included in Samuel Luna's price. I'm happy we get to have him for our rehearsal dinner too, or...trash the dress..still haven't made up my mind yet. Good luck with your decision!
                      Adriana
                      Royal Playa del Carmen
                      April 23, 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users