Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#1041 TightyWhitey

TightyWhitey
  • 181 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 03:06 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shay2679
    I just took one...the lighting sucks, but...you'll get the idea!

Click the image to open in full size.
    I love your dress!

It is very similar to my after-party dress. I'm just going with some nude coloured boy-shorts instead of a slip.

#1042 Shay2679

Shay2679
    • 493 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 06:10 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by TightyWhitey
      I love your dress!

It is very similar to my after-party dress. I'm just going with some nude coloured boy-shorts instead of a slip.
      Now that is a good idea! I'll see what I can find this weekend...the last one before we leave!

#1043 koonz99

koonz99
      • 12 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:15 PM

Hey everyone. My fiance and I are looking into getting married in 2010 in Playa Del Carmen. We are seriously considering either the Gran Porto Real or the Royal. It really depends on the prices, trying to keep it under 2k for everyone out of Edmonton, Calgary and Toronto. Its just tough really knowing right now. Prices for 2010 are so high. We originally were thinking Cancun in the spring but the prices we were quoted from the Travel Agent were outrageous, almost $1000 more than we were expecting. This got me looking for alternatives and I stumbled upon the Gran Porto Real.

EmenGeeRoxx The prices you were quoted for the Porto Real, were they out of Toronto.

#1044 Maybride2009

Maybride2009
        • 408 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:21 PM

have you tried air transat? All of my guests booked though them and seem to have gotten good deals...not sure what their prices look like for 2010

#1045 lexibride

lexibride
          • 276 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 10:24 PM

I've tried to read through all of these pages, however I'm not sure if The Royal offers group discounts? I see that they have a group sales department. Has anyone used this yet?

#1046 EmenGeeRoxx

EmenGeeRoxx
            • 279 posts
            • Wedding Date:January 19, 2010

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:44 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by koonz99
            Hey everyone. My fiance and I are looking into getting married in 2010 in Playa Del Carmen. We are seriously considering either the Gran Porto Real or the Royal. It really depends on the prices, trying to keep it under 2k for everyone out of Edmonton, Calgary and Toronto. Its just tough really knowing right now. Prices for 2010 are so high. We originally were thinking Cancun in the spring but the prices we were quoted from the Travel Agent were outrageous, almost $1000 more than we were expecting. This got me looking for alternatives and I stumbled upon the Gran Porto Real.

EmenGeeRoxx The prices you were quoted for the Porto Real, were they out of Toronto.
            Hi yes, out of Toronto. I looked through TripCentral, iTravel2000 and Air Canada Vacations. Currently all are quoting the same high prices. It was actually cheaper to book back in February 2009 when I started shopping around. Didn't realize the prices would jump up so high. In fact I thought it would be the opposite given the economic situation. I'll wait another few weeks.

#1047 lexibride

lexibride
            • 276 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:24 AM

Does anyone have info on the time of day to get married?? I'd like it to be early enough for it to be light out for the entire ceremony and pictures and then sunset later on for great pics and dark for the tables to be lit at night. Would 4:00 be good?? Anyone know?

#1048 ~Stephanie~

~Stephanie~
              • 3,347 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:26 AM

Lexibride,

I am doing 4:00 and I have heard that is a good time to fit everything in and still have it dark later in the reception. But maybe someone else has some input on this?
                ~Stephanie

Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

#1049 lexibride

lexibride
                • 276 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:32 AM

Thanks Stephanie, I was guessing at that time too, but I know there were discussions on sunset, etc., however I couldn't find them!

#1050 EmenGeeRoxx

EmenGeeRoxx
                  • 279 posts
                  • Wedding Date:January 19, 2010

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:34 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by lexibride
                  Does anyone have info on the time of day to get married?? I'd like it to be early enough for it to be light out for the entire ceremony and pictures and then sunset later on for great pics and dark for the tables to be lit at night. Would 4:00 be good?? Anyone know?
                  What month are you getting married? I am in January and I asked the photographer/videographer this

"since we are getting married in January we heard the sun goes down
                  early. We don't want to have the ceremony too early because that
                  means the reception will start early. So what time do you suggest? I
                  was thinking around 2:30-3pm for the ceremony. Maybe the cocktail
                  around 4-5 and then the reception from 6-onwards."

His response

"In January at 5:30 is completely dark, I think is ok to have the Ceremony at 2:30 PM"

My next question

"how long before the ceremony do you typically start shooting..."

His response

"We use to start one hour before the ceremony taking some shots while you are getting ready, then the ceremony and after this the video session by the beach and different locations, family and wedding party."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users