Tamster808

How long did you date before enagaged?

We dated for a year and then moved in together. We got engaged after living together for two and a half years (that was three years ago now) so I guess three and a half years before we got engaged. We've since moved across the country together and bought our first house. It feels like we've been together forever- in a good way woot.gif

We met when I a freshman in college and I was 17, he was 18 but 5mths older than me. We dated for a year and 9 months before we got married, so I don't think we had an official engagement. We just toyed with the idea until one day we just went to the courthouse.

We met in high school, but didn't start dating for at least 6 years. We dated for a year then moved in together and got engaged 3 years later. In total we had been together for 4 years before the engagement.

I think the average time for a guy to propose is three years and four months.... which is exactly the time Jamie proposed to me! When we get married, will will have been together for four years, 1 month and 26 days! :-)

We had been together 1 year and 8 months when he had proposed. We had been dating since March '07, on our first date he joked but was serious that I was going to be his wife one day....fast forward 3 mos in June '07 he took me to a jeweler to get sized for a ring said he just wanted to know my size/had to know my size, I went thru 2 "false alarms" one on my birthday September '07 and another when we went to Barbados March '08 when I just knew he was going to propose but he didn't. We found out we were pregnant 1 1/2 mos after my father passed in August '08 and he told me he was going to propose on that following Christmas 08 but ended up surprising me in November. We will be 2 1/2 mos shy of 3 year anniversary on the day that we are married.

We had been together for 7 months when we moved in together, and 13 months when he proposed.

When we get married in Feb/March 2011, we'll have been together a total of 2 1/2 years.

I guess when you know, you know/and the timing is right, it all falls into place quick!!!! :)