To bustle or not to bustle?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 LadyCheese

• 1,830 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 11:17 AM

I guess I dont fully understand the whole bustle thing...I just assumed it was for really long trains...my dress doesnt have a long train, would I still need to get a bustle? The bridal salon said they give me a free bustle and of course I didnt ask her any questions about it (LOL).

Click the image to open in full size.

#2 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
    • 1,260 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 11:33 AM

If they will do it for free, take it! Then you can decide after the ceremony if you want to use the bustle or not. If you plan to do a lot of dancing I would suggest you do it just to keep other people from stepping all over it.
      See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#3 dragonfly

• 1,820 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 11:34 AM

Do it because it will be nice to have the option. Your dress is really beautiful.

#4 Christine

• VIP Member
        • 21,514 posts
        • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
        • Wedding Location:Napa, California
        • LocationReno, NV

Posted 09 March 2008 - 11:40 AM

I had a fairly long train but either way you don't want to be carrying your skirt the whole day, the bustle just makes walking around much easier, beautiful dress by the way!
        Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#5 ACDCDCAC

• Moderators
        • 25,218 posts
        • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
        • LocationSeattle

Posted 09 March 2008 - 11:50 AM

Oh totally do it, esp. if it's free. My 16 loop underbustle was NOT free, but it would have been impossible to enjoy wearing the dress without it!

The pic you posted makes me think the model is up on a step or whatever, there's no way her legs are that long! Also see how long it is in front? She would be tripping all over it. But my point is that the train part of your dress will probably be that long in back, even if they hem up the front and sides for you. So again, esp. if it's free, have it done! And like others have said, you don't HAVE to use it, but you'll have the option! :)

#6 LadyCheese

• 1,830 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 11:59 AM

As always, thank you ladies for providing such great feedback!!
          I'm going today to get fitted and I will take the free bustle..yay!

#7 MelissaH

• 1,724 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 12:14 PM

Good stuff... I found it got pretty heavy dragging my train around during pictures, so it was nice to have the option to bustle it for the reception!

#8 -Kate-

• VIP Member
            • 7,676 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 12:16 PM

Do it. The dresses are super hard to manage without it.

#9 Saraha

• 2,597 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 01:13 PM

Good Job!! Bustle it up girl. Ya never know!

#10 Jtds2713

• 714 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 01:55 PM

I would also encourage the bustle! But whatever you do make sure they release it for the ceremony! My bridesmaids and maid of honor and Mom forgot about it! What were we all thinking

Click the image to open in full size.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users