Photo

I'm a newbie

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 saraece

saraece
  • 289 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 07:18 PM

Hi evveryone, I have just joined this site to get ideas for my wedding that I am not sure of the date yet (winter 2008??) and I am unsure of the location yet (Europe?? Down South?) So I guess I have lots of research and thinking to do. I would love to get married in Italy, Spain, Greece.... but cost could be a factor for my guests. I estimate that between 20-30 will try and come if they can. So we will see. Hope to get lots of info off this site and hear other peoples experiences, advice and tricks to make it smooth. Thanks for listening (or reading Sara
    Like our first kiss all over again

#2 Christine

Christine
    • VIP Member
    • 21,514 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
    • Wedding Location:Napa, California
    • LocationReno, NV

Posted 07 January 2007 - 07:19 PM

Welcome, I think we have one other newbie getting married in Greece, but let us know what ever you decide. How fun and make sure you post your engagement story when you get a chance.
    Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#3 mexico15

mexico15
    • 250 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 07:23 PM

Congrats and welcome! Everyone here is great at helping out, so ask away. Europe would be amazing, but could be very expensive. You may also lose a day each way of vacation for your guests with the flight and jet lag. All depends on your guests and money...I would LOVE to get married over there. How romantic and a great adventure!! Good luck!

#4 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 07 January 2007 - 07:27 PM

welcome to the forum...we do have a greece bride and i am helping a group in florence. let us know how we can help.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#5 Jackie

Jackie
      • 2,290 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 08:03 PM

Welcome to the forum!
        My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
        http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#6 NHPT

NHPT
        • 3,848 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 09:51 PM

welcome to the forum! Please let us know if we can help with anything
          Destination Wedding Cabo San Lucas (3-29-07) Proud Momma to Avery (3-21-08) and Gracyn (10-12-10)

#7 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
          • 5,248 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 02:34 AM

Welcome! FOTINI is the other member who is getting married in Santorini greece which is stunning. I think most of us would love to get married in Europe but it is very costly for your guests. But if your guests will go then you should def do it! Let us know how we can help.

-Glenda

#8 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 24,768 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 11:36 AM

Welcome, Sara! At least you have some time to consider all of your options, and just let us know if we can help at all. I can't wait to see what location you end up choosing!

#9 EDYTA

EDYTA
              • 1,277 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 11:42 AM

Welcome!! yay another canadian...the caribean is great for weddings and more affordable but my friend got married in france in september and still managed to save a lot of money so either way would work...let me know if u have any other questions

#10 saraece

saraece
                • 289 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 05:48 PM

Thanks for all the support. I have started researching online about renting villas (one is beautiful and cost per guest per week is about $650 CDN) which isn't tooo bad. I have also looked into booking out of London. You would not believe how cheap AI's are from London. I realize you need to get to London but if the week is only going to cost $400- $600 for the flight (from London), accomindations and food then the flight to Londodn can't be that (from here you can get flights for $500 CDN and up). Does anyone know of anyone who has gone the route of booking the AI out of London?? Sara
                  Like our first kiss all over again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users