Cabo Bride Needs Adviceâ€¦
Posted 03 January 2007 - 02:03 AM
I am planning an Oct 2007 wedding in Cabo and am looking for any suggestions or advice you can give. I plan on hiring n onsite planner soon to help with planning a beach wedding followed by a fun-filled evening fiesta reception for between 40-50 people. I need direction with just about everything! Specifically:
1.Where can I find a private/semi-private beach to tie the knot (I heard that Pedregal was private but there were very strict rules about chairs and decor)?
2.Any good reception locations (I’m thinking Palapa style)?
3.Wedding planner referrals?
9.Inexpensive hotel for guests?
11.Creative ways to save money?
13.Rehearsal dinner location?
14.Hair & Makeup?
15. Wedding website?
Well…basically everything ;-)
Thanks for your time!! I look forward to getting to know you all!
Posted 03 January 2007 - 02:30 AM
you will find alot of great information here...let me see if i can help answer some of your questions...
1. Where can I find a private/semi-private beach to tie the knot (I heard that Pedregal was private but there were very strict rules about chairs and decor)? alot of resorts have private/semi private beaches to get married...they are more private in the Los Cabos area (the resort corridor)
2. Any good reception locations (I’m thinking Palapa style)? you may want to have your reception at the resort/beach you get married
3. Wedding planner referrals? there are some great WC's on the forum but you may want to decide where you want to get married before hiring a WC. some resorts have their own onsite WC's.
4. Mariachi referrals? if you get married at a resort or use a WC they will have all these vendors available for you...i think a few gals on this forum used Los Mariachis
5. Photographer referrals? i used juan carlos and loved his pics...you can see my pics and oher brides pics on this forum (look in the picture forum) BUT we have so many other photogs on here that are talented etc.
6. DJ? see above answer 3 & 4
7. Caterer? if you get married at a resort they will most likely do your food...it not, http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t1532
8. Travel agent? i own a travel agency that specializes in destination weddings ..let me know how i can help
9. Inexpensive hotel for guests? see above
10. Transportation? brb with that info
11. Creative ways to save money? http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t1788
12. Florist? http://bestdestinati....com/forum/t741
13. Rehearsal dinner location? alot of us choose to have it at the resort where we get married but if not sunset da mona lisa is a poplular choice
14. Hair & Makeup?
15. Wedding website? http://bestdestinati....com/forum/t679
Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com / Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion
Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE? We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
Awards and recognition:
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award) | AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner | Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read! If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted 03 January 2007 - 02:46 AM
As for your other questions...you can probably find answers to all of those things somewhere on this board. It's just a matter of reading through a lot of posts!
Posted 03 January 2007 - 03:12 AM
pedregal is beautiful. i shot a wedding there in november. youre right about the rules but im not sure what they are exactly. my couple rented a private villa - villa maria and had everything there. we did head down to the beach after the ceremony though for couples pics. we saw a wedding going on and my bride, sanny, commented about the chairs on the beach. apparently they had looked into getting married there and were told no chairs on the beach. a good coordinator will help you tons. and of course the brides here.
heres a link to the post on my blog about the pedregal wedding - Leigh Miller Photography
im uploading their entire gallery right now. well reuploading, removing some of the getting ready undie pics at the brides request. as soon as its back up i will post it here so you can look at the pedregal beach pics.
hth - congrats!!! - leigh
Posted 03 January 2007 - 04:13 AM
login is "guest" and password is "ng"
if you go to the 300s thats when we headed to the beach. you probably dont want to look through all the pics, there are a lot!!!
good luck - leigh
Posted 03 January 2007 - 10:22 AM
Posted 03 January 2007 - 10:27 AM
Posted 03 January 2007 - 11:19 AM
Our Caletas Wedding Slideshow (by Leigh Miller)
Our Caletas Wedding Video
Posted 03 January 2007 - 11:53 AM
The first thing you should probably decide is where you want to have your wedding ceremony/reception. There are many different options but I would reccomend picking a resort that will allow you to have the ceremony/reception b/c this will save you lots of money. As Tammy mentioned before, most resorts have WC who can help you out and will usually work with you and your travel agent. Another option is to get a WC for a day like Maye Cortines who a lot of the girls on this site have used. As far as travel agents go I would reccomend Tammy (the host) b/c she is very experienced, great to work with, and had her own destination wedding so she knows exactly what to look for. Let us know if you have any questions about any specific resorts.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users