Jump to content

Photo

Confessions


  • Please log in to reply
1908 replies to this topic

#381 Kat81

Kat81
  • VIP Member
  • 7,615 posts

    Posted 26 January 2009 - 01:37 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BachataBride
    I confess that I cannot bring myself to post pics or write a review of my wedding because I have such mixed reviews about it - and our whole vacation. I just wish I had a do-over.
    First off Welcome Back!! Second, that sucks! I had some bad stuff happen on my vacation too. Just try to filter out the bad and focus on the good :) If you need to talk email me! I can't wait to see your pics though

    #382 soccergurl3

    soccergurl3
    • Jr. Member
    • 232 posts

      Posted 26 January 2009 - 02:50 PM

      I have a major confession: I am dreading pretty much everyone that is coming to my wedding right now:

      For instance,1) My bridesmaids are more worried about how they are going to have the most beautiful dresses, what their hair will be like to knock everyone off their socks then caring about me on my day!
      2)I am completely PO'd at My dad, because he is making up some BS excuse why he isn't allowed to get a passport because he hasn't paid my mom child support. When I told him that he only needs his Birth Certificate, he makes up some other excuse that it was financial. Then I told him i would pay for his trip and now another excuse. He can't admit to me that he doesn't want to go because my mom and her new husband will be there!
      3)Everyone including my mom, dad and brother are against the marriage in the first place. They have all been divorced and are telling me that if I don't think i can see myself with him for the restof my life( which i can completly can) that i shouldn't get married.
      4) My whole family is bitching over the cost of the wedding! It will cost them 2200 to come and it makes me mad because when i talked to my mom and dad last year they said that they would both pitch in 10K for the wedding, but now that it is a destination wedding they won't even pay for their airfare and accomodation
      5) My bridesmaids have asked random people to come to my wedding, who I barely know and am not friends with because they think that they could have a blast in mexico....excuse me but i was the one that sent out the invitations not you!!!

      It just seems like everything is going wrong and everyone has alterior motives. This is about my fiance and I and noone else! But no one seems to get that point....so frustrating!!

      #383 Kat81

      Kat81
      • VIP Member
      • 7,615 posts

        Posted 26 January 2009 - 03:39 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by soccergurl3
        I have a major confession: I am dreading pretty much everyone that is coming to my wedding right now:

        For instance,1) My bridesmaids are more worried about how they are going to have the most beautiful dresses, what their hair will be like to knock everyone off their socks then caring about me on my day!
        2)I am completely PO'd at My dad, because he is making up some BS excuse why he isn't allowed to get a passport because he hasn't paid my mom child support. When I told him that he only needs his Birth Certificate, he makes up some other excuse that it was financial. Then I told him i would pay for his trip and now another excuse. He can't admit to me that he doesn't want to go because my mom and her new husband will be there!
        3)Everyone including my mom, dad and brother are against the marriage in the first place. They have all been divorced and are telling me that if I don't think i can see myself with him for the restof my life( which i can completly can) that i shouldn't get married.
        4) My whole family is bitching over the cost of the wedding! It will cost them 2200 to come and it makes me mad because when i talked to my mom and dad last year they said that they would both pitch in 10K for the wedding, but now that it is a destination wedding they won't even pay for their airfare and accomodation
        5) My bridesmaids have asked random people to come to my wedding, who I barely know and am not friends with because they think that they could have a blast in mexico....excuse me but i was the one that sent out the invitations not you!!!

        It just seems like everything is going wrong and everyone has alterior motives. This is about my fiance and I and noone else! But no one seems to get that point....so frustrating!!

        Screw them! They are going to miss out on a great trip!! My Dad didn't go either. It kinda hurt my feelings but he did give us a lot of money to help out. So, whatever. I am sorry you are so down about it. Just give it time. People will jump on board or they won't, the people that do won't complain once they are on the beaches somewhere :)

        As for your bridesmaid, tell her you don't mind her inviting people but do to rules at the hotel you can only have so many people at the wedding/reception. So, as long as they don't think they are going to the wedding it should be fine. Keep your chin up and we are here if you need to vent

        #384 KLC77

        KLC77
        • Sr. Member
        • 2,207 posts

          Posted 26 January 2009 - 03:43 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by BachataBride
          I confess that I cannot bring myself to post pics or write a review of my wedding because I have such mixed reviews about it - and our whole vacation. I just wish I had a do-over.
          Oh no Amanda! Well, welcome back. I'm here if you need to vent.
          ~Kelly

          Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

          #385 missdanelle

          missdanelle
          • Member
          • 687 posts

            Posted 26 January 2009 - 05:51 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by BachataBride
            I confess that I cannot bring myself to post pics or write a review of my wedding because I have such mixed reviews about it - and our whole vacation. I just wish I had a do-over.
            Amanda..thats not good. What happened?

            #386 Sloan

            Sloan
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,279 posts

              Posted 26 January 2009 - 09:33 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by BachataBride
              I confess that I cannot bring myself to post pics or write a review of my wedding because I have such mixed reviews about it - and our whole vacation. I just wish I had a do-over.
              Uh oh. I just saw some of your pics on Facebook - I think they look awesome! Did the weather ruin it for you?? At any rate - WB, I thought you looked hot!

              #387 BachataBride

              BachataBride
              • Banned
              • 9,310 posts

                Posted 26 January 2009 - 09:40 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Sloan
                Uh oh. I just saw some of your pics on Facebook - I think they look awesome! Did the weather ruin it for you?? At any rate - WB, I thought you looked hot!
                The weather sucked which is a part of it - I didn't get my wedding on the gazebo like I wanted! My TA sucked ass so I had probs with that - I realized I don't like travelling in large groups, I felt too torn between everyone. It was just all & all frustrating!!! Oh...and those pics are the good ones - pretty much the rest are crap! My next wedding I will be hiring a pro (hehehehe)!!!

                #388 Kat81

                Kat81
                • VIP Member
                • 7,615 posts

                  Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:02 PM

                  I'm not your friend!!!!

                  Attached Files



                  #389 KLC77

                  KLC77
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 2,207 posts

                    Posted 27 January 2009 - 01:06 AM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by BachataBride
                    The weather sucked which is a part of it - I didn't get my wedding on the gazebo like I wanted! My TA sucked ass so I had probs with that - I realized I don't like travelling in large groups, I felt too torn between everyone. It was just all & all frustrating!!! Oh...and those pics are the good ones - pretty much the rest are crap! My next wedding I will be hiring a pro (hehehehe)!!!
                    Amanda, I totally know what you mean when you say you felt torn between everyone. I had a meltdown before the wedding because I was so stressed about greeting everyone when they arrived and spending time with them while my FI was totally relaxed and doing his own thing. I cried! I was truly miserable for a day or so. It so hard to balance doing what you want (laying totally still in the sun with a margarita) versus doing what you think you should (waiting in the lobby- not in the sun- to greet your guests and making sure they are happy). I really struggled the whole time we were there with this.

                    Attached Files


                    ~Kelly

                    Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

                    #390 BachataBride

                    BachataBride
                    • Banned
                    • 9,310 posts

                      Posted 27 January 2009 - 11:27 AM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by KLC77
                      Amanda, I totally know what you mean when you say you felt torn between everyone. I had a meltdown before the wedding because I was so stressed about greeting everyone when they arrived and spending time with them while my FI was totally relaxed and doing his own thing. I cried! I was truly miserable for a day or so. It so hard to balance doing what you want (laying totally still in the sun with a margarita) versus doing what you think you should (waiting in the lobby- not in the sun- to greet your guests and making sure they are happy). I really struggled the whole time we were there with this.
                      Isn't it shitty!!?? I had a few meltdowns. The day that we arrived (my TA had everything screwed up), the night before my wedding (my mom had a few too many & I was really disappointed in her), on the plane when we were coming back (thinking about everything that went wrong) & even last night again. My DH is soon going to commit me to the looney bin!! lol
                      I don't know...it all just wasn't what I thought it was going to be. I just wish I had an undo button & could start over!!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users