• Please log in to reply
1908 replies to this topic

#1 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 9,504 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 05:58 PM

I'm totally stealing this thread idea from another forum. So I guess that makes it confession #1.

I thought it would be great for us to have a place to admit the things we really don't want to admit anywhere else, but have the compulsion to tell.

Remember, we don't judge on BDW!

It could be anything...Here are a few hypothetical examples:

My FI and I met online and my parents don't know
    I ate an entire bag of cookies for lunch
    I drunk dialed my ex-boyfriend over the weekend
    I cheated at on-line Scrabble
    I regret naming this person my MOH

SO my second confession:
    I hated my engagement ring at first! It is a solitaire and it is so plain! I've gotten used to it now, but I felt so bad I couldn't tell FI that I wanted to take it back!

#2 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
    • Moderators
    • 25,218 posts
    • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
    • LocationSeattle

Posted 20 February 2008 - 06:31 PM

Doug's 9 yr old daughter makes me want to strangle her. She can be so sweet about 25% of the time, and the rest I just want to knock her block off. I would never ever tell him this, even tho sometimes he says it himself. I just don't think it's my place.

I guess my confession is that I have a favorite child. His 12 yr old son is a doll.

Whew. I actually feel better telling that to someone.

#3 Janet

Janet
    • VIP Member
    • 7,459 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 06:36 PM

Here's mine. We have 2 cats, one is my favorite and one is DH's favorite. I kinda wish his would "accidentally" run away from home and never ever come back! He annoys the crap out of me. Would it be so bad if I let him loose "on accident"?

#4 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 9,504 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 06:38 PM

LOL Janet, I used to feel the same way about FI's brothers! Though I think I have gotten used to them now!

#5 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
        • Moderators
        • 25,218 posts
        • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
        • LocationSeattle

Posted 20 February 2008 - 06:39 PM

Yes, Janet, that would officially be bad.
        Love, your resident crazy-cat-lady.

#6 AlmostMrsForbes

AlmostMrsForbes
        • 238 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 06:47 PM

I can't stand FI's parents - they're weird and snotty, and I don't know how they raised such a wonderful person.

Also, my second confession is that I cringe when my Dad's fiance's daughter calls him "Dad." She's 12 and has no father - and I know its great that he's good to her ... but it secretly makes me jealous!

#7 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
          • VIP Member
          • 11,403 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 06:56 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by DougsGirl
            Doug's 9 yr old daughter makes me want to strangle her. She can be so sweet about 25% of the time, and the rest I just want to knock her block off. I would never ever tell him this, even tho sometimes he says it himself. I just don't think it's my place.
            Ditto, only replace your FI's name with my DH's name & 9 yr old daughter with 16 year old son. :)

#8 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 9,504 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 07:27 PM

Quote:
              No big deal to hang out once in a while but I mean every single time theres something going on, he's there. It's all 28-30 year olds and his dad boppin around. I just find that strange. Is it me?
              Ok, I have a friend whose dad does that. He's a pretty fun guy but there is something strange about being hammered with your BFs 60 year old dad!

When FFIL gets drunk he gets super cuddly and giggles like a school girl! It's pretty funny because he's kinda gruff, then he throws back a couple of strawberry daquiries and it's hugs all around!

#9 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 4,513 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 07:30 PM

Great Great Thread

I think my FSIL is the most self-absorbed person in the world - I don't think I can ever look at her the same.

#10 thomastaci22

thomastaci22
                • 98 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 07:31 PM

My FI's mother is a huge weirdo. I am almost dreading that she is coming to San Diego for our wedding because I know she will annoy the crap out of everyone. She is really really socially akward and makes it so uncomfortable! It's hard to explain her...should I give my family a heads up? I feel like she is going to be a huge tag-along!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users