Confessions

• Please log in to reply
1908 replies to this topic

#1771 akua420

akua420
  • 301 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by skadow 

My wedding is 6months away and my aid of Honer, my OLDER 40 YEAR OLD SISTER told everyone today that she just simply can not afford to come to the wedding anymore and canceled all her plans.

She is 12 years older then me, she's 40, but I swear she thinks she's still in her twenty's.

I know she would be able to afford to come if she would be a little bit more responsible with her money. She does make over 50k a year. My aunt said she is just jealous because she isn't married and wants this to be her wedding.

We are the only siblings in the family. I personally know I can get over it and look past it this, but it made my mom cry all long today and It really makes me angry, My dad left my mom about a year ago and its been really hard on her. She doesnt need my sister acting like a knob!

I haven't confronted her because I don't want to make things worst, but GRRRRRRR makes me angry she only thinks about herself.

Same thing happened with both of my sisters, pissed me off so much beacuse I went to their weddings that ended in divorce within a year, and here I am celebrating my wedding after 7 years with my FI and both my sisters are like no we think its selfish that you want us to waste our vacation time on your wedding.  So now I'm not having a bridal party.  Screw them.

Gran Bahia Principe - Runaway Bay - February 22, 2011

#1772 skadow

skadow
    • Banned
    • 1,853 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by akua420 

Same thing happened with both of my sisters, pissed me off so much beacuse I went to their weddings that ended in divorce within a year, and here I am celebrating my wedding after 7 years with my FI and both my sisters are like no we think its selfish that you want us to waste our vacation time on your wedding.  So now I'm not having a bridal party.  Screw them.

Exact same as my sister! She is divorced too and my sister had complained about vacation time to...before Cancelling. She also was pissed I was doing a white wedding and didnt want to have to get a dress.

So people can be so bitter! Can they just get over themself for once?

Are you not going to have anyone walk down the Aisl before you then? Is there going to be a best man? I am interested because I want to cut down all the people walking down the aisl at my wedding. Its getting a little crazy and most of them arnt my idea.

#1773 hat0112

hat0112
      • 1,219 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 09:33 AM

I have always wanted a sister until I got on this website!!! I have read so many stories and vents about brides and their sisters. It makes me even happier to have a younger brother.

My FI and I decided to not to have any bridal party. We think it is too much drama and just more money that our bridal party would have to spend. So the first and last person walking down the isle will be me and my dad. And no one will be standing next to us.

Wedding 10/22/10 Westin Aruba

I love being a Mrs.!

#1774 Mrs.S2B

Mrs.S2B
        • 169 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 09:59 AM

Not a major confession, but I wish my family had money to help me pay for the wedding.  My FI and I are paying for it all, and actually he is footing most of it since he makes more than me.  It stinks to have to cut back and things you would like to have, but then again it makes you really appreciate every detail you do spend money on.

#1775 barbiegirl_27

barbiegirl_27
          • 946 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Mrs.S2B 

Not a major confession, but I wish my family had money to help me pay for the wedding.  My FI and I are paying for it all, and actually he is footing most of it since he makes more than me.  It stinks to have to cut back and things you would like to have, but then again it makes you really appreciate every detail you do spend money on.

I hear ya! We're fotting the bill ourselves too....and sat down at the beginning of the year to figure out what we needed to save. It sucks when our friends are heading out for a night on the town, or dinners out, and we usually have to say no b/c we need the money for saving. It'll be worth it in the end, but sometimes its hard to see that when you feel like you're missing out on stuff!

#1776 miss_delerium

miss_delerium
            • 543 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mrs.S2B 

Originally Posted by barbiegirl_27 

I hear ya! We're fotting the bill ourselves too....and sat down at the beginning of the year to figure out what we needed to save. It sucks when our friends are heading out for a night on the town, or dinners out, and we usually have to say no b/c we need the money for saving. It'll be worth it in the end, but sometimes its hard to see that when you feel like you're missing out on stuff!

I feel the pain of this as well. It especially hurts because my parents are helping my sister pay for her DW, but are not contributing anything to mine.

#1777 Shoesiesluvr

Shoesiesluvr
              • 2,727 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 02:17 PM

I agree with you girls about paying your wedding yourself. My FI and I have paid off our wedding ourselves and while it did suck not being able to go out, its such a great feeling that we got everything that we wanted and didnt have to consider others when upgrading on things or splurging here and there.

He's the Ying to my Yang...the Peanut Butter to my Jelly....the Oreo to my Milk...the Cheese on my Pizza...the i to my Phone...the Cream in my Coffee...the Jiggle to my Jell-O...the Star in my Sky...He's my BFF & I married him on 09.25.2010
                My Planning Thread

#1778 **Kat**

**Kat**
                • 2,682 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 06:24 AM

We took out a big loan to pay for ours.. it sucks because it would be  nice to be using the money we use for payments on something else.. but oh well...

#1779 jamk32179

jamk32179
                  • 341 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 03:52 PM

We are paying for our own wedding too, but at least we know we only have to please ourselves.

September 18, 2010- The Royal Playa del Carmen31 Guests RSVP'd including the Bride and Groom

#1780 wendyjd

wendyjd
                    • 968 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 07:01 PM

We are paying for ours as well.  However, I wouldn't have my family pay for it... It would be in my parent's back yard and we'd have to deal with it.

My confession:  FI and I took a west coast swing class tonight, had a blast but looked like like fools, everyone had taken classes before but we were true first timers. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users