Photo

Have you exercised today?

• Please log in to reply
4634 replies to this topic

#3061 seaprincess

seaprincess
  • 753 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 06:31 PM

That's so funny you guys are talking about it, b/c I just tried Zumba for the first time tonight! My gym finally offers it at a time when I can make and holy smokes was it a good workout! I was sweating at one point like in spin class! Definetly a good way to spice up the boring old routine of spin, weights and yoga! The moves were surprisingly challenging at times. I have a bit of dance training so I wasn't totally lost, but there were a few ladies there who were doing alot of arm and leg flailing, but what counts is they were moving and having fun. Poohshek you should definetly give it a try to see if its for you! Do they offer classes at your gym?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by poohshek
    I have heard so many great things about Zumba and would love to try it out too!!!

Lindsay and Jamie - January 28, 2009

#3062 Stamperamma

Stamperamma
    • 432 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 06:58 PM

Hired myself a trainer. Today is day three, I swear he is trying to kill me. Two hour work outs five days a week. I think I am going to dye.... Oh well today was my big milestone. I am down 15 pounds in three weeks and I only just started the exercise so hopefully the weight will drop off faster. Oh please please please melt away.

Dea

#3063 poohshek

poohshek
      • 1,456 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 08:30 PM

Unfortunately the gym at work doesn't offer any Zumba class at this point. If I sign up for a second membership with the gym 1 mile from the office, they offer a Zumba class on Fridays during lunch time. However, it is based on enrollment and it costs extra too. I need some latin dance moves really bad for the wedding in Mexico. I am a VERY STIFF dancer.
        That's so funny you guys are talking about it, b/c I just tried Zumba for the first time tonight! My gym finally offers it at a time when I can make and holy smokes was it a good workout! I was sweating at one point like in spin class! Definetly a good way to spice up the boring old routine of spin, weights and yoga! The moves were surprisingly challenging at times. I have a bit of dance training so I wasn't totally lost, but there were a few ladies there who were doing alot of arm and leg flailing, but what counts is they were moving and having fun. Poohshek you should definetly give it a try to see if its for you! Do they offer classes at your gym?

#3064 poohshek

poohshek
        • 1,456 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 08:31 PM

Dang, that IS hard core!!! Congratulations on the progress!!! Keep it up!!!
          Hired myself a trainer. Today is day three, I swear he is trying to kill me. Two hour work outs five days a week. I think I am going to dye.... Oh well today was my big milestone. I am down 15 pounds in three weeks and I only just started the exercise so hopefully the weight will drop off faster. Oh please please please melt away.

Dea

#3065 poohshek

poohshek
          • 1,456 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 08:32 PM

Went to "Total Body Pump" at lunch today. Did only eight 30-second sprints before class since I was running late.

#3066 SSNM

SSNM
            • 675 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 11:11 PM

Today I did my back workout and 45 minutes of treadmill running.

9 days 'til comp time and alimentary freedom.

#3067 EDRBride2009

EDRBride2009
              • 278 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 12:26 AM

did P90X legs and back, then 35 minutes on the stationary bike

#3068 steponmyknee

steponmyknee
                • 115 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 10:59 AM

35 minutes on the elliptical, then chest, shoulders, triceps. 20minute pilates DVD later.

#3069 adurrell

adurrell
                  • 49 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 02:24 PM

Zumba class at 4:30PM! I'll be working up a sweat in no time!!! Love it!

#3070 adurrell

adurrell
                    • 49 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 02:24 PM

Zumba class at 4:30PM! I'll be working up a sweat in no time!!! Love it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users