Matching?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 Celina

Celina
  • Banned
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 03:13 PM

I agree with most and say no. As long as they are in the same "family" or are similar. I started to be crazy over this, but kept the font on everything the same and in the same general colors.
    "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#12 nylalany

nylalany
    • 625 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 10:58 PM

My invites ended up being a lot more of a Caribbean greenish-blue (+ dark brown) than I thought I wanted
      My pashmina order is aqua (+ dark brown)
      My logo is probably going to be some blue in between Caribbean blue, aqua, and turquoise + dark brown or red
      My vases are going to be aquaish (I couldn't find turquoise) with red flowers
      My bridesmaid dresses were going to be red (JCrew Flame) but it doesn't look super with my dress which has lots of beige in it, and I gave up on finding turquoise, so it is looking like espresso (JCrew).
      So yeah, the whole finding the right blue thing is ridiculously difficult!

#13 Yari

Yari
      • VIP Member
      • 10,928 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 11:21 PM

I am going with the same color scheme....not exactly matching. But like the others have said it's all up to you.

#14 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
        • 2,183 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 02:26 AM

You should at least carry one of the colors and theme.

#15 jean-marcus

jean-marcus
          • 1,565 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 02:50 AM

i dont think so.. perhaps the invitation and yoru wedding colors should match but the STD and stuff dont have to. and besides nothing has to do anything. its your wedding... you can wear a potato sack and serve mac and cheese and get married at a water slide park if you wanted to .

#16 Saraha

Saraha
            • 2,597 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 10:46 AM

I wouldnt say theyhave to match but I dont know how extreme with the colors you want to be.. Like Lucy said above, if you decide to different colors I would keep with the same tone!

#17 manda0812

manda0812
              • 343 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 08:09 AM

I agree with others, go with what you like at the time and what will cause you less stress putting it all together. I did white and aqua invites, girls are wearing white and silver and will use aqua writing on favours but the candy station will be multi coloured and the reception will be brown and white leather.

#18 manda0812

manda0812
                • 343 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 08:12 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by jean-marcus
                  i dont think so.. perhaps the invitation and yoru wedding colors should match but the STD and stuff dont have to. and besides nothing has to do anything. its your wedding... you can wear a potato sack and serve mac and cheese and get married at a water slide park if you wanted to .
                  you crack me up jean-marcus, I love your sense of humour and you are so right, you do whatever pleases you on your wedding and people will love it

#19 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
                  • 5,681 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 12:10 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by jean-marcus
                    Right on! You are so funny Jean Marcus!! Wonder if they make a teal potato sack LOL haha! Also how cool would a mac and cheese buffet be?! LOL haha! Man I am hungry!

#20 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 4,513 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 12:44 PM

I was driving myself crazy trying to match everything as well and then I decided it really didn't matter - our STD's and Invites will match (aqua) but my BM's are wearing black dresses and my flowers are pink - I am going with the starfish thing so that is the one thing that will tie everything together - Good Luck deciding!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users