Photo

Matching?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
  • 5,681 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 05:35 PM

Hi everyone. Ok, so I am a very indecisive person and the more options I have the WORSE it is for me to pick something! Do all colors of your STD, monograms, invites, website, flowers, BM dresses, etc have to match? I say they do and FI says it doesn’t matter? It’s driving me crazy, or crazier than I am usually

#2 JessicaM

JessicaM
    • Vendor
    • 1,969 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 05:42 PM

My STD boarding passes used the same colors but now my formal invites are a little more aqua colored and using that for menus and such, my BM dresses are Chocolate brown, Flowers are Coral roses & white Lilies for the ladies. So I guess my answer to your question is no. I just picked some colors that i liked and went well together and went from there.

#3 lucy106

lucy106
      • 2,880 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 05:44 PM

My response...nope! I think as long as they are in the same tone. Like I am doing tropical (carribean blue, fuchia, lime, etc) or pale colors. I think you could make yourself nuts trying to match everything perfectly.

#4 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
        • Moderators
        • 25,218 posts
        • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
        • LocationSeattle

Posted 19 February 2008 - 05:55 PM

I don't think they HAVE to, but mine do. I'm having trouble finding shirts for the boys in the exact shade I want, and It's driving me nuts!

#5 boscobel

boscobel
        • VIP Member
        • 24,213 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 05:58 PM

I stuck to the same general colors - orange, pink and blue. But they varied slightly on whatever I wanted to them. The men are wearing a sky blue shirt, but the flower girls are wearing a deeper shade of the same color. And I did that with various things throughout my planning. Hope it looks ok, but I like the variety. Plus if you stick to just one shade of a partic color, it really limits things you can purchase or create in that color...

#6 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
          • 1,830 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 06:04 PM

I'm pretty much sticking to my color scheme for everything just bc I'm OCD about stuff like that...

#7 foxytv

foxytv
            • VIP Member
            • 7,740 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 06:05 PM

I say no way. Our STD was a postcard (beach background w/ our pic and colors that complemented the background).

Boarding Pass invites were more of a dark blue and bright orange than the aqua/teal we have as accent colors ... but our BM dresses are champagne and when it comes down to it ... we aren't really using the accent colors anywhere (lol) so I say do whatever the heck you want!

#8 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
              • 5,681 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 01:17 PM

Thanks girls! I it will take a bit but when I have everything together I will post pictures!!!

#9 nueland

nueland
                • 94 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 01:44 PM

I don't think they have to be exact!! I am using bright pink(watermelon) and orange(palm coral) with some brown touches here and there, but they don't have to be exact. My flowers will be mainly brighter shades of pink and orange but with other lighter shades also. It would be hard to match everything exactly..

#10 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 9,504 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 01:59 PM

Mine don't match perfectly but are the same family I guess. Every company has a different shade of Aqua and turquoise! All of my ribbon is the same becuse I bought a whole spool and most of the paper items are the same shade because I bought them from the same company.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users